Built a new camp grill

/ Built a new camp grill #1  

gsganzer

Elite Member
Tractor
L3800 w/FEL and BH77, BX 2200 w/FEL and MMM
One of our deer lease members got off the lease and took his grill with him. So I threw one together using a 3/8" thk x 36" vessel head I had laying around. It came out pretty good. I'll put a 24" round solid plate in the bottom, so it has a flat bottom and is easier to shovel ashes out of.
Camp grill.jpg
Camp grill.jpg

/ Built a new camp grill #3  
It looks like a keeper.
How do you move it with only 2 handles? Looks like a 4 man job to me.;)

/ Built a new camp grill #4  
great job. what type of steel? prob food grade mild... am sure it's not chrome or zink plate that i'd steer away from, prob wire feed mig on that?

/ Built a new camp grill #5  
Very nice. What did you paint it with? I'm not aware of any food grade paints.... are there?

/ Built a new camp grill #6  
That should last years and years. (y)

/ Built a new camp grill
It looks like a keeper.
How do you move it with only 2 handles? Looks like a 4 man job to me.;)
It will stay in one place at camp, but 2 guys could lift and move it a short distance with the handles if you needed to. They're really there so you can lift/turn it so the high back is upwind. But they also work for slings/chains to lift it with a FEL.

/ Built a new camp grill
great job. what type of steel? prob food grade mild... am sure it's not chrome or zink plate that i'd steer away from, prob wire feed mig on that?
The head is mild steel and painted on the outside only, with 1200 degree paint. The grill is just carbon steel that will get seasoned like a cast iron pan. Stick welded with 6011

/ Built a new camp grill #10  
Where did you get that belly from? Can you buy those or did you have that formed somewhere?