Brown Tree Saw

/ Brown Tree Saw
Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger today. Brown told dealer up to 60-day delivery time. And no, I did not have to pay 100% up front. I will post pics once I get it. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
   / Brown Tree Saw #32  
Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger today. Brown told dealer up to 60-day delivery time. And no, I did not have to pay 100% up front. I will post pics once I get it. Thanks for the feedback.
Looking forward to your experience and review.

/ Brown Tree Saw #33  
What size & cost?

/ Brown Tree Saw #34  
BrownAG had, at least, one video of the tree saw in use. It's an awesome implement. It's quick and cuts the trees off right at ground level. I don't know how big a tree it will handle. The video shows them cutting 6" and 8" pines - as I remember. That upper "roll bar" pushes the tree away from the tractor as it's cut and falls.

They can be checked out at - - www.brownmfgcorp.com

Last edited:
   / Brown Tree Saw
What size & cost?
It'll make an 8 inch cut. If the tree is bigger, cut from one side and then cut from the other side. Most of the cedars are 6 to 12 inches. Cost is $6k delivered. That's a lot but I figure I can sell it and recoup some of the cost when I'm finished. The key thing is that it'll allow me to put that field back into pasture.

Here's a video of the saw. Only difference is that I'm not getting the grapple on the saw since my tractor has a grapple on the FEL.

Last edited:
   / Brown Tree Saw #36  
That low hp tractor would be too small for their smallest tree cutter but more than adequate for the saw.

Goats would have killed those cedar trees and made lush grass pasture. Hard to fence the rascals. Cleared 15 acres of kudzu, multiflora rose on a steep hillside. Now growing back with hardwood since I’m trying to retire (haha). Pound for pound made more with goats than Angus.

On facebook been a brown saw for sale with grapple in Fincastle VA for $5K obo.

/ Brown Tree Saw #37  
I would purchase without the grapple also and just use FEL to move them. I never seen one in action till the video you posted. Looks like it cuts them ground level. The only problem is I bet the teeth get dull quickly with it cutting down in the dirt.

/ Brown Tree Saw
I would purchase without the grapple also and just use FEL to move them. I never seen one in action till the video you posted. Looks like it cuts them ground level. The only problem is I bet the teeth get dull quickly with it cutting down in the dirt
Brwon says the cutting edge is good for 200 to 300 hours of cutting time. The edges, which are carbide, can be rotated 3 times, so each cutter has a life of 800 to 1200 hours. I think that will enough for what I'm doing.

/ Brown Tree Saw #39  
Brwon says the cutting edge is good for 200 to 300 hours of cutting time. The edges, which are carbide, can be rotated 3 times, so each cutter has a life of 800 to 1200 hours. I think that will enough for what I'm doing.
No longer that it takes to cut a tree, that’s thousands of trees. Good market around here for cedar wood. Maybe have a band sawer cut on shares help pay for your tree saw, reduce tree waste volume? Bird houses, feeders, carpenter bee traps made from small lumber cedar.

Shaving mill to market cedar shavings?

Don’t throw money away since you are already doing the hard part of cutting down and moving the trees.

Burning is getting harder to do and has risk and liability. Conservation now recommends piles to help support wildlife. Been enjoying seeing a family of foxes from the house this winter. The pile gives them protection from coyotes.

Last edited:
   / Brown Tree Saw #40  
Are they an “off the shelf” replacement tooth?