Best Snowplow for Tractor?

/ Best Snowplow for Tractor? #21  
Whatever fits... I use a repurposed County plow that is 10 feet wide on a SSQA mount bit then it takes a pretty stout tractor to handle it. Power angle too. I believe it's an older Meyer with wheels on the plow end instead of skid shoes. Has to weigh at least 1000 pounds. Paid 500 for it at a county garage auction.

Attachments

• 100_0003.JPG
    100_0003.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
  • 100_0009.JPG
    100_0009.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
   / Best Snowplow for Tractor? #23  
Whatever fits... I use a repurposed County plow that is 10 feet wide on a SSQA mount bit then it takes a pretty stout tractor to handle it. Power angle too. I believe it's an older Meyer with wheels on the plow end instead of skid shoes. Has to weigh at least 1000 pounds. Paid 500 for it at a county garage auction.
Nice job of putting that together. A little large for my tractor, plus pushing snow drifts uphill doesn't always work with my 7' plow. I run out of traction before I run out of power, then I turn around and blow it away.

/ Best Snowplow for Tractor? #25  
Never plowed this year. Colder than heck but little to no snow. Blower and plow are in the big barn. Like you I have a blower on the back (Lucknow) 2 stage. Both the plow and the blower are hard on diesel.

Attachments

• 100_0040 (1).JPG
    100_0040 (1).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
   / Best Snowplow for Tractor? #26  
Never plowed this year. Colder than heck but little to no snow. Blower and plow are in the big barn. Like you I have a blower on the back (Lucknow) 2 stage. Both the plow and the blower are hard on diesel.
I have a small 100 gallon tank for my tractor diesel. I filled it in August and figured I might get through most of the winter. Had to fill it again in December. Last year I was using and old Ford 1715 with a loader bucket, a back blade and a box blade no snow blower and I think I used 20 gallons of diesel all winter. This winter bigger tractor, blower and blade and a lot more snowy and drifting days and my second tank is about half gone. however, this winter I am warm when clearing snow.

/ Best Snowplow for Tractor? #27  
Interesting you still run both, your tractor looks like it could push some snow. Do you really get much use out of the blower?

I actually sold my 3-point blower a year or two after I upgraded to the JD 3033R with loader-mounted plow. The plow is just so much faster than the blower, and doesn't cover me in snow (no cab). The machine seems to have all the traction and power required to push 1 - 2 feet of snow, likely more for that once per decade we get over 2 feet in a single storm. If we ever get too much, the loader-mounted plow lets me push a foot off the top before coming back to finish on a second pass.

For me, the issue was storage. The blower took up half a parking space, and I don't like leaving anything outdoors to rust.

/ Best Snowplow for Tractor? #28  
Interesting you still run both, your tractor looks like it could push some snow. Do you really get much use out of the blower?

I actually sold my 3-point blower a year or two after I upgraded to the JD 3033R with loader-mounted plow. The plow is just so much faster than the blower, and doesn't cover me in snow (no cab). The machine seems to have all the traction and power required to push 1 - 2 feet of snow, likely more for that once per decade we get over 2 feet in a single storm. If we ever get too much, the loader-mounted plow lets me push a foot off the top before coming back to finish on a second pass.

For me, the issue was storage. The blower took up half a parking space, and I don't like leaving anything outdoors to rust.
No storage issues here, everything stays inside the big barn. Out here when it snows, the wind blows and it drifts, sometimes 4 feet high and even higher so the blower gets used, just not this year. No snow, just cold.

I'm good with that, saves diesel.

/ Best Snowplow for Tractor? #29  

For me it was a matter of storage also, not of the snow blower, but all the snow I've gotten. The snow here doesn't melt away much during the winter months so that the snow I plowed at first becomes snow ridges along each side of my driveway and then my driveway gets narrower with each snowfall. When it gets too narrow, I have to use the tractor bucket to push it back as far as I can which can be tedious and cold over a half mile run of driveway. My snowblower makes the snow go away, never to bother me again. This is a dry climate, so rust isn't as much a problem as UV damage to paint and plastic. I'll park it someplace out of the sun outdoors in the offseason.

/ Best Snowplow for Tractor? #30  
I have a Braber plow. Sold by a number of dealers in my area and they all said they have not had problems with ones sold. A less expensive brand. $2440 for 84". Weights 470 lbs. Heavy duty built. Braber is in British Columbia.