Have 2002 Kioti DK50C need bigger tractor for snow removal

/ Have 2002 Kioti DK50C need bigger tractor for snow removal #1  

Sierraau

Bronze Member
Tractor
2002 Kioti DK50C
I have determined that my DK50c is too small to push the 4' piles of sierra cement snow off the side of the gravel driveway. It worked fine when we didn't have a lot of snow, but now it is struggling to keep my driveway wide. I was wondering a couple of things:

Any recommendations for a better equipped and more powerful snow removal machine?

What is the biggest size tractor I could get that has a removable backhoe?

I'd love to look at a used TV140, but can I put a backhoe on the back in the summer? Can I put a blade instead of a bucket on the front? Having the swivel seat for snow removal would be wonderful for my 67 year old neck. Have any other brands considered the genius of the reversible seat for plowing?

Also, I am hesitant about getting a newer tractor that has all the electronic sensors etc.... I'm kinda a KISS kinda guy. What would be the last year of production that is dependable to wit that there isn't a lot of electronics to deal with?

Looking forward to your responses.

/ Have 2002 Kioti DK50C need bigger tractor for snow removal #2  
I have determined that my DK50c is too small to push the 4' piles of sierra cement snow off the side of the gravel driveway. It worked fine when we didn't have a lot of snow, but now it is struggling to keep my driveway wide. I was wondering a couple of things:

Any recommendations for a better equipped and more powerful snow removal machine?

What is the biggest size tractor I could get that has a removable backhoe?

I'd love to look at a used TV140, but can I put a backhoe on the back in the summer? Can I put a blade instead of a bucket on the front? Having the swivel seat for snow removal would be wonderful for my 67 year old neck. Have any other brands considered the genius of the reversible seat for plowing?

Also, I am hesitant about getting a newer tractor that has all the electronic sensors etc.... I'm kinda a KISS kinda guy. What would be the last year of production that is dependable to wit that there isn't a lot of electronics to deal with?

Looking forward to your responses.
I did snow removal in my L3130 for 15+ years. If piles are the problem, as it was for me, then get a rear blower. I did that and took care of widening. Mine was open station and the last few winters were just too cold to blow without a cab. -40F was a regular occurrence last few winters. But my l3130 seemed to do what was needed. But if you just want a bigger tractor. Everything is more complicated now. You will need something 8-10 years old to be a little less complex.

/ Have 2002 Kioti DK50C need bigger tractor for snow removal #3  
Are your tires loaded, if not, load all 4. Wheel weights, add as many as you confortably can? If you do not have this ballast, adding all of this ballast type of weight should add around 2000lbs to the tractor. My experience with both a 75 hp and 32 hp tractors has been like stepping up a frame size in the tractor's capabilities. This would be a lot less money than getting all new equipment so that you can have a larger tractor.

But as previously mentioned, if you just want a newer bigger tractor, go for it. You want to stay with 2012 or older machines to cut down on the electronics.

Good luck. :)

/ Have 2002 Kioti DK50C need bigger tractor for snow removal #4  
Face the music buddy, you just need 2 tractors! 😆
Tell the Mrs. that I said it was ok.👍

/ Have 2002 Kioti DK50C need bigger tractor for snow removal
I did snow removal in my L3130 for 15+ years. If piles are the problem, as it was for me, then get a rear blower. I did that and took care of widening. Mine was open station and the last few winters were just too cold to blow without a cab. -40F was a regular occurrence last few winters. But my l3130 seemed to do what was needed. But if you just want a bigger tractor. Everything is more complicated now. You will need something 8-10 years old to be a little less complex.
I already have a 84" woodmax blower. But it's slow going on a mile long driveway with 3' of snow on it. I also have a rear blade that I use to "cut the pack" but the snow that gets pushed to the side keeps piling up and makes the road narrower. I'd like to be able to just drive down the road with the blade and have the blade move the snow a few more feet off the road. The big loaders do it fine, so i was thinking there may be a tractor of an "in between" size that would do it.

Are your tires loaded, if not, load all 4. Wheel weights, add as many as you confortably can? If you do not have this ballast, adding all of this ballast type of weight should add around 2000lbs to the tractor. My experience with both a 75 hp and 32 hp tractors has been like stepping up a frame size in the tractor's capabilities. This would be a lot less money than getting all new equipment so that you can have a larger tractor.

But as previously mentioned, if you just want a newer bigger tractor, go for it. You want to stay with 2012 or older machines to cut down on the electronics.

Good luck. :)
Wheel weights? Really... never thought of that... how does it affect the performance overall? Other than reducing the MPG?

/ Have 2002 Kioti DK50C need bigger tractor for snow removal #8  
You need to start from the first snowfall and get the snow as far off as possible in anticipation of more snow in the future.

Do you have the ability to get the snow further and just didnt? Or do you need something that can push the snow BEYOND where the tractor can go.....like an offset rear blade.

Any plow, loader, or blade is gonna make big windrows. A blower is the only thing that wont but you worry its too small.

WHY is your tractor now too small? Is it lack of traction? Lack of lift height? Lack of ability to lift/push a larger blade?

You question getting worse fuel economy with addition of wheel weights, yet want a BIGGER machine? These seem contradictory. Who worries about MPG when running a tractor to remove snow?

/ Have 2002 Kioti DK50C need bigger tractor for snow removal #9  
More Weight usually results in more traction.

I already have a 84" woodmax blower. But it's slow going on a mile long driveway with 3' of snow on it. I also have a rear blade that I use to "cut the pack" but the snow that gets pushed to the side keeps piling up and makes the road narrower. I'd like to be able to just drive down the road with the blade and have the blade move the snow a few more feet off the road. The big loaders do it fine, so i was thinking there may be a tractor of an "in between" size that would do it.

What you are saying you wish to do is going to require a massive amount of weight and power.
What I do to push the backs back on my driveway is to push diagonally with either the back blade or a front blade with the blade angled.
It does take a while only getting half a blde width with each push.

The other option may be to run down with your blade mostly raised and push the tops of the banks over and off and then repeat till it is all pushed back.

You need to start from the first snowfall and get the snow as far off as possible in anticipation of more snow in the future.

Do you have the ability to get the snow further and just didnt? Or do you need something that can push the snow BEYOND where the tractor can go.....like an offset rear blade.

Any plow, loader, or blade is gonna make big windrows. A blower is the only thing that wont but you worry its too small.

WHY is your tractor now too small? Is it lack of traction? Lack of lift height? Lack of ability to lift/push a larger blade?

You question getting worse fuel economy with addition of wheel weights, yet want a BIGGER machine? These seem contradictory. Who worries about MPG when running a tractor to remove snow?
More Weight usually results in more traction.

What you are saying you wish to do is going to require a massive amount of weight and power.
What I do to push the backs back on my driveway is to push diagonally with either the back blade or a front blade with the blade angled.
It does take a while only getting half a blde width with each push.

The other option may be to run down with your blade mostly raised and push the tops of the banks over and off and then repeat till it is all pushed back.
I was afraid of that. If I want a big loader performance, I need to get a big loader. I do what you do at first when the snow is up to 2' deep, but as the depth increases, it becomes useless because the snow is too heavy. I've done the blade raised thing, but that only cuts the top of the pack, as I lower the plow the snow gets much heavier as it has lots of frozen water in it and is very heavy (Sierra Cement). Ok, it looks like I cannot get where I want to be with a bigger tractor. I may try the wheel weights to see if that improves anything. Also, do you know if the western V plow can be used on a tractor? Cool design and I think it would be helpful when I wake up in the morning and there is 3' of sierra cement on the driveway; just drop the v plow and make that first push right down the center of the driveway and then on the way back, push it over to the side.