new snowplow

/ new snowplow #1  

corl

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota MX5100 HST, 1989 Kubota F2100
I am looking to add a FEL mounted 7 ft straight snow plow to my MX5100. We don't get loads of snow here in eastern Pa but the macadam drive needs clearing when we do. What is the brand/ model of a manual blade at a reasonable cost? Moving up from the snowplow on my old F2100.

/ new snowplow #2  
Hey I live very close by. Snow almost seems like a distant memory. I run an Arctic but it’s power angle. Not getting much use!

/ new snowplow #3  
I have a 8' FEL mounted and it works well,that with a 7' rear blade,this on a L4240 HSTC.In your case a rear blade alone may suffice.
Mine is an old Curtis truck plow that I added to SS plate,already had the third function so have power angle.Cheapest way out and chain float.

/ new snowplow #4  
I am looking to add a FEL mounted 7 ft straight snow plow to my MX5100. We don't get loads of snow here in eastern Pa but the macadam drive needs clearing when we do. What is the brand/ model of a manual blade at a reasonable cost? Moving up from the snowplow on my old F2100.

You would be better off using an Erskine Skid Steer V plow mounted on a SSQA plate attached to a John Deere quick hitch if you have at least one set of remotes on the rear as it would let you use it as a V plow and then a straight plow to push the white crap back.

If you do not have the rear tires loaded you should have them loaded with rim guard or windshield washer fluid.

Is a rear mounted snow blower out of the question especially with our weather being as erratic/changeable as it is?

You have to keep in mind that once the loader arms are damaged from impact or weight stress digging out ice banks they will no longer be in good condition.

/ new snowplow #5  
Watch your local classified etc. during off season or attend auctions you can do very well purchasing Fisher,Meyers, etc. plow.