Bear Trouble

/ Bear Trouble #151  
Shot a blackie once. 206 yards with rem 7600 in 35 Whelan with 225gr grand slams.

It must have heard or smelled me but it stood up and and was facing me.

I punched him in the chest and it ran off. A few minutes later I heard the death moan (still freaks me out). Ran about 70 yards. Took 5 guys to get it out of the thick brush it ran to.

I totally destroyed the heart but the bullet blew up and never made it to the spine. I started going for the disabling shot after that.

They are not invincible, but dang you get grey hair going in after a wounded bear.

/ Bear Trouble #152  
Shot a blackie once. 206 yards with rem 7600 in 35 Whelan with 225gr grand slams.

It must have heard or smelled me but it stood up and and was facing me.

I punched him in the chest and it ran off. A few minutes later I heard the death moan (still freaks me out). Ran about 70 yards. Took 5 guys to get it out of the thick brush it ran to.

I totally destroyed the heart but the bullet blew up and never made it to the spine. I started going for the disabling shot after that.

They are not invincible, but dang you get grey hair going in after a wounded bear.
IMG_20220902_230137.jpg

Bear shot with 35 Whelan

/ Bear Trouble #154  
Could be a couple of reasons. His dog was out. People like their pups.

I've found out brown/grizz are easier to chase off than blacks. Show of force?

Grizz usually don't want to deal with humans unless food or cubs are involved. Walking up quiet and startling them isn't the smartest.
Browns don't attack to kill, they remove the threat, unless they are hungry.