Father left this world

/ Father left this world #101  
Honestly, that's the way I feel about my dad now, a smile.

I'm more happy that he made a big impact in my one sons life. He (son) finally bought his own car yesterday with his own money (left the house early afternoon, didn't get home until late night as it was a 2.5 hr drive each way) and my son was asking how we could save my fathers license plate. He likes to save them, and this car we took up to NY on vacation. We have our ticket at the aquarium for parking when we visited Niagara falls, and on the ticket has my dads license plate number (verification it's your car), and he has that saved in his scrap book. Wanted to make certain he'd get the plate that would match the ticket of his grandfathers car.

Although I was a butthole as a teen, and my parents couldn't wait for me to move out, when I hit my early to mid 20's, I truly understood how much my parents loved me.
Nice! We have a bunch of my mother in-law's father's motorcycle license plates. It's a nice little collection that makes us smile when we come across them in our stash of treasures.

/ Father left this world #102  
I tend to think this is a professional photo from the late 1800's in which the photographer posed each individual to best capture their faces from the photographer's perspective. Everyone did as requested except when it came to "Uncle Archie," the little boy who looked directly at the camera.

Some clues as to why it is a pro photo of the era are the special border that surrounds the picture. The choice of clothing. The posing.

The even lighting suggests it was made inside a studio. I don't see any eyes squinting against sunlight or hot spots in the lighting.

The gentlemen in the front are in sharp focus. The focus on the ladies is a little soft. Tends to suggest the photographer was trying to squeeze the most light by opening his lens up indoors, but at the cost of losing depth of field for the second row.

Most, if not all of the photos in album are professional. Archie died around age 14 I think.

/ Father left this world #103  
You could always lose it… happens all the time to plates.

Before cars I collected License Plates and all 50+ are still on the wall in my childhood bedroom…

All obtained honorably by the way… dad had a friend at DMV and with so many people moving to California the surrender bin was overflowing…

Last edited:
   / Father left this world
All obtained honorably by the way… dad had a friend at DMV and with so many people moving to California the surrender bin was overflowing…
I'm not so honorable...

When my son asked me how we would keep his grandfathers plate when we had to turn it in, I told him we tell them we lost it:rolleyes:

Wait a minute, is that what you meant by the first line in the post I quoted? ;)

/ Father left this world #105  
Yep… don’t have it anymore…

Which would be truth if your son now has it…

I ordered personalized license plates when the nieces and nephew were born with month and year of their birth on plate and then cancelled the following year.

Each has their California Plate from me…

/ Father left this world
Yep… don’t have it anymore…

Which would be truth if your son now has it…

I ordered personalized license plates when the nieces and nephew were born with month and year of their birth on plate and then cancelled the following year.

Each has their California Plate from me…
That sir is a GREAT idea!

/ Father left this world #107  
My Dad passed 8 2 2021 at 93 . Decided his life was over and ended it .

/ Father left this world #108  
Life can be strange. My wife’s dad was diagnosed with cancer during a typical annual checkup. He was not showing any signs of the illness. My wife planned a trip to see him while he was “well”. We lived in CA and he was in MD. She flew into DC and spent the night with a friend before driving down to Salisbury. He died that night less than 2 weeks after diagnosis. She never got to see him alive.

I scheduled at trip the next day to be with my wife during her trying time. My mom was visiting my brother in PA and was scheduled to fly home the next day. I called her and told he she would have to get a ride from the airport as I was going to MD.

I got to MD early evening and spent some time with my wife and her parents until her parents went to bed. It was then my wife told me that my mother suffered a heart attack and died during the night.

I don’t know how but my brothers managed to locate my wife and give her the bad news before I got there.

Two funerals in 2 days was the most trying time in both our lives.