Battery powered chainsaw

/ Battery powered chainsaw #261  
DeWalt has a good battery latch system. In the end, that's what counts.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #262  
My DeWalt saw has no oil reservoir either. I carry a small squeeze bottle of chain oil when I use the saw and just apply some after making a few cuts.
Thanks, interesting....I have a DeWalt 20V POLE SAW that DOES have a reservoir. People complain that the tank leaks.:rolleyes:

/ Battery powered chainsaw #263  
DeWalt has a good battery latch system. In the end, that's what counts.
DeWalt makes some good tools. I have a 20V DeWalt pole saw that lasts about 50 minutes.
I also have a WORX 36V string trimmer and it lasts almost an hour. Hope this little hand chainsaw works as well. I'm a little concerned about the chain lubrication. I guess I could spray WD-40 or something on it when in use......don't know why they didn't add a oil system. My DeWalt pole saw has a oil tank. (which seeps a little when NOT in use)

/ Battery powered chainsaw #264  
Do you know how long a battery will last blowing or running string?
Hi, late answer......My 20V DeWalt polesaw runs about 50 minutes. AND....my 36V WORX String trimmer runs the same 50 minutes. Enjoy

/ Battery powered chainsaw #265  
Not sure who built the "hand chainsaw" but all chains on a saws needs oil. I know for the Stihl version it came with a little oil can just for that.
I totally agree. CHINA, of course. It was rated number #3 on the "best batt. one hand elec saw" list. I chose it because it was the LIGHTEST at just over 2 pounds. The only instruction was to remove the cover every 8 hours and "brush" out the wood chips. Now, I do know that chain oil makes a gummy mess in the covers of gas saws but that's OK as it saves the bar and chain. Maybe Elec saws are afraid of the gummy mess? I like the squirt bottle or WD-40 idea though. Thanks

/ Battery powered chainsaw #266  
DeWalt makes some good tools. I have a 20V DeWalt pole saw that lasts about 50 minutes.
I also have a WORX 36V string trimmer and it lasts almost an hour. Hope this little hand chainsaw works as well. I'm a little concerned about the chain lubrication. I guess I could spray WD-40 or something on it when in use......don't know why they didn't add a oil system. My DeWalt pole saw has a oil tank. (which seeps a little when NOT in use)
Every chain saw I ever had seeps oil. I was cutting short pulpwood since the late 80's, but we do long logs now. Not many places take short wood now. DeWalt makes them thick batteries, not the thin ones that come with an item. I mean 3" thick or so. They last.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #267  
Every chain saw I ever had seeps oil.
Funny thing. I have a corded electric Stihl that has an oil reservoir and it does not leak oil. I have a Stihl pole saw that doesn’t leak oil.

Every regular chain saw I have ever had leaks oil.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #268  
I totally agree. CHINA, of course. It was rated number #3 on the "best batt. one hand elec saw" list. I chose it because it was the LIGHTEST at just over 2 pounds. The only instruction was to remove the cover every 8 hours and "brush" out the wood chips. Now, I do know that chain oil makes a gummy mess in the covers of gas saws but that's OK as it saves the bar and chain. Maybe Elec saws are afraid of the gummy mess? I like the squirt bottle or WD-40 idea though. Thanks
WD-40 is a poor lubricant and I'd not use it on my bars. Saws need to have there chain covers off and cleaned out. That's the nature of the job. I carry a little brush along for that. I just looked for a photo of it but couldn't locate one.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #269  
Funny thing. I have a corded electric Stihl that has an oil reservoir and it does not leak oil. I have a Stihl pole saw that doesn’t leak oil.

Every regular chain saw I have ever had leaks oil.
Agree. I set my saws on a 5-gallon bucket when not in use.