• No

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Who are we talking about?

Votes: 43 56.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Banning a member #482  
I came to the same conclusion. There is one person I thought about putting on ignore but didn't. Then he made a thought provoking post on some subject and I was thankful that I was able to read it.

Then again, the person mentioned a few posts ago was a complete ignoramus when posting and I don't think he had any redeeming comments. It's sadly amazing what the anomytry of the internet will bring out in some, even though they are all around decent people to be around in person.
Not sure who you guys are talking about, but I have yet to put anyone on ignore either. Like you, I've been tempted a couple times but as you say that doesn't mean they don't have something to contribute.

I do have to wonder what some of these members who seem to just hate everyone who isn't just like them are like in real life. I would hope it's a case where things come out different online as opposed to face to face where you can go by body language.

/ Banning a member #483  
I have no problem with people talking in whatever "dialect" or manner they wish. Writing in that"over the top" dialect was too much for me to bother reading / decoding.

/ Banning a member #484  
Never knew him personally but communicated with him offline a few times.

Not a bad guy. Helped me a little with some welding stuff.

He was a little paranoid the “Blue Whales” - as he called the moderators - were out to get him. I think he intentionally posted stuff to get them upset.

It is funny when you type in his name it becomes (removed). Even now.

Never seen that before.

/ Banning a member #486  
Ohhh my, is that another thread shut down by the subject at hand @Muhammad?
Why can one person shut down so many popular threads? Why is he allowed on the Front Porch? And why do people keep replying to him? It just encourages him to take it off the rails.

/ Banning a member #488  
Not sure who you guys are talking about, but I have yet to put anyone on ignore either. Like you, I've been tempted a couple times but as you say that doesn't mean they don't have something to contribute.

I do have to wonder what some of these members who seem to just hate everyone who isn't just like them are like in real life. I would hope it's a case where things come out different online as opposed to face to face where you can go by body language.
A lot of these people wouldn't talk like they do to someone's face like they do online because if they did they would get the chance to check out how good their dental insurance was because they would need some re-constructive surgery, I"ve always heard it said "if you want it somebody will give it to you".

/ Banning a member #489  
Ohhh my, is that another thread shut down by the subject at hand @Muhammad?
Yes. 39 posts just removed out of the 100+ I read, posted by more than a dozen members who all participated in blatant discussion of political topics. But if you think it's just one member who caused all of that... they must be pretty persuasive.

I reopened the thread so it can drift back into politics and get closed again in a few days. 🫡😅

/ Banning a member #490  
Yes. 39 posts just removed out of the 100+ I read, posted by more than a dozen members who all participated in blatant discussion of political topics. But if you think it's just one member who caused all of that... they must be pretty persuasive.

I reopened the thread so it can drift back into politics and get closed again in a few days. 🫡

We can no more stop the inevitable than the night becoming day.
But still we try.
I commend you.

Status
Not open for further replies.