• No

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Who are we talking about?

Votes: 43 56.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Banning a member #361  
All of this talk about making someone go away got me to thinking about the ones who have gone away.
Members slip away all the time and mostly go unnoticed.
Death or physically unable to continue will come to all.
A lot of the ones I interacted with when I first came to the forum are gone
New people have taken their place and one day hopefully they will wonder what ever happened to that one guy.
The forum owner graciously remembers them by editing their profile.

/ Banning a member #362  
I vote it's time to shut this poll down.

/ Banning a member #364  
All of this talk about making someone go away got me to thinking about the ones who have gone away.
New people have taken their place and one day hopefully they will wonder what ever happened to that one guy.
I was going through some Old posts, probably 11-12 years old, when I bought my old L285; and remembered a guy named 'Soundguy' who has extremely active for years and dropped off the face of the earth; don't know if he quit, died, changed his name or what

/ Banning a member #365  
I was going through some Old posts, probably 11-12 years old, when I bought my old L285; and remembered a guy named 'Soundguy' who has extremely active for years and dropped off the face of the earth; don't know if he quit, died, changed his name or what
Maybe he actually found something more constructive to spend his time at after he got his tractor fixed.

/ Banning a member #366  

Unfortunately it's a part of forum life; I've been frequenting message boards since 2000, when I joined a message board for a computer game and I've seen so many good friends just disappear. Sometimes you find out why, but often you don't.

That said, between here, GTT, and MTF I've seen a lot of folks pass, and often it seems someone comes around to fill us in. That is always appreciated, and I think it speaks to how close these communities are.

/ Banning a member #369  
?

He was last seen on TBN 10/20/2020

/ Banning a member #370  
The reality of most forums is that people come and go for a million reasons. Probably the biggest one for long term posters being that they got bored with the same stuff over and over and just drifted away. I think you would find that the number of users that were banned (other than the obvious spammer accounts) is quite tiny. Some pass away, for sure, given the general demographic here and we hear about some of them, but I think you would find that most who go, do so of their own volition.

Status
Not open for further replies.