• No

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Who are we talking about?

Votes: 43 56.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Banning a member #21  
The way to deal with people like that is to shadow-ban them -- everyone just blocks them. They can still post but no one sees their posts. The online equivalent of the silent treatment.
There are several that I have put on ignore because of their propensity to post deliberately inflammatory posts, seemingly to get a thread shut down after they have failed to make a plausible argument to support their position on a topic.

I never even see their posts or even know that they post except when others reply to them. When that happens the thread usually goes off the rails and soon gets locked. I don't understand why anyone would stoke the ego of these morons. They live for the attention that they get, like a petulant child for whom "any attention is good attention". Much better to ignore them in hopes they simply go away.

ignore button.jpg

/ Banning a member #23  
If you outright ban someone what's to prevent him from joining back up under a different name and profile?

If you put the person on ignore or bloc him then you don't have to put up with his BS.

I know there are some on here that intentionally hijack threads and continually throw threads off track.

I guess every forum has there a$$ holes.

What to do, what to do???????

/ Banning a member #24  
If you outright ban someone what's to prevent him from joining back up under a different name and profile?

If you put the person on ignore or bloc him then you don't have to put up with his BS.

I know there are some on here that intentionally hijack threads and continually throw threads off track.

I guess every forum has there a$$ holes.

What to do, what to do???????
I wish that when you put someone on ignore, that they cannot see, or at least reply to your posts. I have had one particular troll "follow me around" replying to my posts trying to get a rise out of me. Again, I don't even see it unless someone else replies to them. When someone replies, it just becomes worse because now in their sick mind they feel like they have an "audience".

/ Banning a member #25  
I kinda like ole Muhammad, he only deletes a small percentage of my posts, has a pretty good forum, and builds a killer retaining wall.

And most of all, doesn’t look a day older than he did when I first joined 15 years ago
Two out of three isn't bad so I'll agree.

/ Banning a member #27  
From my perspective, the idea that we're just one ban away from community bliss might be a little too optimistic.
One ban is a great start, if it is the right one. You would have to identify who is the worse instigator. :unsure:

Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to see who is "most ignored" and at least keep them off the Front Porch, which is where the biggest problem seems to be.

Last edited:
   / Banning a member #28  
Years ago I discovered one member that would copy other peoples posts, cut and paste, and start a duplicate thread. I checked all his threads, and every thread he started was a copy of a previous person's thread. I discovered it when he copied one of mine. Not sure if he got banned or not, I was thinking he did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.