Backhoe attachment

/ Backhoe attachment #51  
We'll see!! :geek:
1678027906666.png

1678028027569.png

/ Backhoe attachment #52  
Huh ? Lol
I believe that Vigo327 is saying that since the 3pt hitch is not going to be used at the same time as the backhoe is installed, then it is possible to use the 3pt hitch's internal circuit as a path for the backhoe fluid return flow. (backhoe fluid OUT).

He is drawing attention to the fact that there is a return path that already exists within the 3pt fluid circuit that has the right characteristics to be able to accept flow from the backhoe and directing it to the sump. It is the same bypass pathway that the tractor uses when the hydraulic pump is running but the 3pt is not in use.

Tractors all have some position on the 3pt control that selects that bypass path and directs incoming high pressure flow directly to the sump. On most tractors - not all, but most - this is the path selected by the 3pt control when the control is pushed all the way forward.

Some Kubotas even have a thumb screw designed to hold the control in the full forward bypass position.

He is also saying that if you plumb things that way, you do have to be careful to leave the 3pt control in the bypass position and not to actuate that 3pt control when the backhoe is connected.

I think that might work. It's worth a try. It has the advantage of simplicity.

If you are going to try it that way, I'm thinking the sketch needs to have some more detail so that everyone is on the same page. There are some high pressures in this solution, so be sure to use hydralic connectors, not standard plumbing connectors.
rScotty

/ Backhoe attachment
This valve under the seat I believe locks the 3 pt so it won't move ? Should I use that

/ Backhoe attachment
I ran out of welding gas so I can't complete the front bracket just yet but the rear hooked up rather easy. I had to take the hitch off though. My only concern is I had to remove a bolt on each side to get the frame to slide on. Deciding if I want to remove the frame and grind that section away to get the bolts in ?

Attachments

• 20230305_113508.jpg
    20230305_113508.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 45
  • 20230305_113722.jpg
    20230305_113722.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 46
   / Backhoe attachment #55  
This valve under the seat I believe locks the 3 pt so it won't move ? Should I use that
No. Leave that valve as it is. It is the "stop/lock valve", a needle valve to "fluid lock" movement of the 3pt piston.

Which way do you move the 3pt control lever to lower an implement? Move the lever all the way in that direction and leave it there.

And please get yourself some hydraulic flow diagrams and study up. Most service manuals have several chapters on the hydraulic system.

3pt systems haven't changed much since they were invented. To get you started, here are some views of the 3pt on an old Yanmar. It's about as basic as they come. Most Service manuals have better views than this. But if you can follow this, you can follow them. .
rScotty
Artist Cutaway view of YM240 3pt hydraulics.jpgHydraulic view of Lowering the 240 3pt.jpg

/ Backhoe attachment #56  
I ran out of welding gas so I can't complete the front bracket just yet but the rear hooked up rather easy. I had to take the hitch off though. My only concern is I had to remove a bolt on each side to get the frame to slide on. Deciding if I want to remove the frame and grind that section away to get the bolts in ?
I'd remove just enough metal to get the bolts to slide in for now. It won't clamp all that well with half a washer worth of compressive force missing, but you want what you can get. Looks like it will probably need longer bolts, too. Metrics will fit tighter in the hole.
Then when you get acet. gas you can weld on an extention to that ear that will cover the hole and drill new holes in the extention.

/ Backhoe attachment #57  
BTW, when you hook the BH to your hydraulic system you will be mixing all the BH hydraulic oil retained in the cylinders with yours system.
HST transmissions are real sensitive to oil type and often have an additional filter as well. So you may want to consider what his tractor looked like and if you want to change oils and filters. Some do; some don't.

/ Backhoe attachment #58  
I don't think the missing bolt is intended to be part of securing the subframe so i would just notch out that part of the bracket that is interfering with the bolt. My .02.

Thanks rScotty for giving my hydraulics comments the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure im not doing the best job explaining my ideas, but you definitely 100% got what i meant. (y)

/ Backhoe attachment #59  
I don't think the missing bolt is intended to be part of securing the subframe so i would just notch out that part of the bracket that is interfering with the bolt. My .02.

Thanks rScotty for giving my hydraulics comments the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure im not doing the best job explaining my ideas, but you definitely 100% got what i meant. (y)
Yes, not the way I would normally do it - but I'm glad for your idea and think it is definitely worth a try.

The problem is whether or not the backhoe will work right using the high fluid resistance return path through the 3pt valve.
Even when the 3pt control is wide open as a bypass, that 3pt return path seems specifically designed to slow the returning fluid down and dissipate the pressure. That makes sense, tractors don't want a lot of quick movement on the 3pt piston.

So I'm not sure what effect that high resistance path will have on the backhoe return. Maybe nothing, or it might slow the backhoe down too much. Worth a try.

/ Backhoe attachment
Well there is always this option. Not sure if he'll ship though he's 4 1/2 hrs from me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230305_135707_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230305_135707_Facebook.jpg
    831 KB · Views: 51