Backhoe attachment

/ Backhoe attachment #71  
Put a pipe thru the front loader round cross member and add weights on the left and right ends. You can find barbell sets on CL locally for cheap or maybe free!

But this would limit the loader lift capacity, so the only other option is to add weights to the L-R loader frame on the sides and front - drill or weld bolts on the loader frame.

Be careful though, the front axle and seals etc. may not like all that weight.

/ Backhoe attachment #72  
How much do you like your ground clearance? Id bet money the width of the front ‘frame horns’ is the same as my old b7100 which fits 3x 55lb suitcase weights on the front of the frame. Your loader wont clear that hanging off the front of the frame but you might be able to fit some weight right below the front of the frame where the front of your loader subframe is.

5EF2E485-4758-4CE9-8660-7F6BFAB90AF4.jpg

/ Backhoe attachment #73  
How would you guys add weight to the front of the B1550 without utilizing the loader....need that free

I would not use the backhoe without the front end loader (FEL). When using the backhoe it is recommended to slightly raise the front wheels off the ground with the FEL to keep the loads off the front wheels, axle, pivots and associated linkages. Most backhoes connect to the frame to the FEL mount so that these loads are transferred through the frame.

Just something to consider.

/ Backhoe attachment #74  
I think he just meant he wants to be able to use the FEL without having to put down and pick back up an 'improvised counterweight' in the bucket every time.

/ Backhoe attachment
I'm thinking maybe a cement block hanging off the bar where the suit case weights would go, this I can use the FEL

/ Backhoe attachment #76  
I wouldnt mess with less than 100lbs but would aim for the 200-400lb region. If you dont have power steering i would stay closer to 200. My .02

/ Backhoe attachment
So for the most part it worked pretty good. It is too heavy for my tractor tho. Pulls the front wheels right off the ground when going uphill. I had to stop and fill front bucket with stone's.
2 questions
It has side to side play, when releasing the lever it will continue around 10" both ways.
Any way to adjust ?

Also when pushing lever gently forward to push boom out away from me it's fine. If I push lever as far as it goes the boom actually comes back my way ?

20230429_114800_copy_1024x768.jpg

/ Backhoe attachment #78  
Glad you got it working. Larger tractor needed? I ultimately mounted my little backhoe from the 15 hp Yanmar onto an 8000 lb ag tractor and it worked a treat.
That doesn't sound like side to side play...what you are describing sounds more like an air bubble being compressed. Particularly the part about it happening at full motion and then coming back after letting go of the lever.
I don't have a solution other than run it. If it is air it will gradually diminish.... I think.....
rScotty

/ Backhoe attachment
Glad you got it working. Larger tractor needed? I ultimately mounted my little backhoe from the 15 hp Yanmar onto an 8000 lb ag tractor and it worked a treat.
That doesn't sound like side to side play...what you are describing sounds more like an air bubble being compressed. Particularly the part about it happening at full motion and then coming back after letting go of the lever.
I don't have a solution other than run it. If it is air it will gradually diminish.... I think.....
rScotty
The side by side play is in addition to the boom (bubble) issue. Happens when I swing boom left to right, keeps going another 10" or so

/ Backhoe attachment #80  
Sounds like it's time to build that front weight!

As for the side to side motion, is your swing chain tensioned up to take all the slack out?

I dont know if this thing has one (i probably should know as i have an almost identical backhoe on my b8200) but sometimes swing cylinders have a 'crossover relief valve' that lets fluid pass from one side to the other to prevent sudden jarring stops and/or to let the boom swing away if you were to snag it something while moving. If you have a crossover relief like that it may be stuck open/leaking.

As far as the boom pushing away and then back toward you.. are you able to push it down on the ground at all? I can pick the back of my tractor up with the boom if i push the bucket against the ground.