Backhoe attachment

/ Backhoe attachment #61  
So I'm not sure what effect that high resistance path will have on the backhoe return. Maybe nothing, or it might slow the backhoe down too much. Worth a try.

Well, the flip side of that is that a pump that can comfortably run an FEL would generally make a backhoe ‘fast’ because if both are sized for the same tractor, the backhoe has less fluid volume in its single larger cylinder for each function, vs the two smaller ones of a loader function.

I recently replumbed a backhoe on my friend’s b6100 to run off the loader pump and got rid of the pto pump (will be repurposed somewhere, someday). There were a few reasons for that but one of the big ones was that i didnt want to have to rev the engine up to get the backhoe to move at reasonable speed. Since i figured the backhoe sectional valve set could take full pressure on its exhaust port, i plumbed from the loader pump, through the backhoe valve, to the loader valve. So far it has had exactly the desired effect. It is adequately fast at ~1500rpms.
I plan to do something similar on my b8200 backhoe which also needs too many revs to move like i want it to.

/ Backhoe attachment
Well, the flip side of that is that a pump that can comfortably run an FEL would generally make a backhoe ‘fast’ because if both are sized for the same tractor, the backhoe has less fluid volume in its single larger cylinder for each function, vs the two smaller ones of a loader function.

I recently replumbed a backhoe on my friend’s b6100 to run off the loader pump and got rid of the pto pump (will be repurposed somewhere, someday). There were a few reasons for that but one of the big ones was that i didnt want to have to rev the engine up to get the backhoe to move at reasonable speed. Since i figured the backhoe sectional valve set could take full pressure on its exhaust port, i plumbed from the loader pump, through the backhoe valve, to the loader valve. So far it has had exactly the desired effect. It is adequately fast at ~1500rpms.
I plan to do something similar on my b8200 backhoe which also needs too many revs to move like i want it to.
So you're saying come FROM the hydraulic block to backhoe and return into the loader valve instead of what was previously mentioned which is the opposite ?
Valve to BH and back to block

/ Backhoe attachment
Sub frame is on. I welded the front bracket to the loader frame. No easy task upside down. I also had to leave those bolts out, the sub frame has to pivot to be put on so no way those bolts can stay in. I'm a bit concerned about that. It's to hold the rops on which isn't a problem it's 2 bolts of many, but not sure if it adds support to the axle housing

Attachments

• 20230306_101859.jpg
    20230306_101859.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 62
  • 20230306_120446.jpg
    20230306_120446.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 67
   / Backhoe attachment #64  
Love those turf tires. No comment on the inverted welding.....
Surprised at how far to the rear that subframe puts the backhoe.

/ Backhoe attachment
Love those turf tires. No comment on the inverted welding.....
Surprised at how far to the rear that subframe puts the backhoe.
Need the room for the seat

/ Backhoe attachment
Well here it is peeps. Everything works. Only problem is my head hits the rops so I have to bend forward a bit or hinge the rops forward. And definitely need a bit of ballast in front bucket 😆

Attachments

• 20230306_142416.jpg
    20230306_142416.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 73
  • 20230306_155925.jpg
    20230306_155925.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 71
  • 20230306_160020.jpg
    20230306_160020.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 67
   / Backhoe attachment #67  
Looking real good - nice work getting it mounted too. That PTO pump is a good deal and would be nice to have options for connections.

/ Backhoe attachment #68  
Good job on getting it attached! Have you tried digging yet?

/ Backhoe attachment
How would you guys add weight to the front of the B1550 without utilizing the loader....need that free