ATV advice

/ ATV advice #31  
The Can-Am Outlander MAX 1000cc 6x6 with be our next machine! (y) We need to extra ponies for operating in snow.

/ ATV advice #32  
I really didn’t need to upgrade to the 650, because the 400 that I bought first was plenty powerful enough. I just wanted the fuel injection. (The 400 probably has it now anyway.)

CanAm is a Canadian company.
My 400 is fuel injected, and it's a 2012.

Yes, Bombadier is the parent company, also makers of Ski-doo snowmobiles.

/ ATV advice #33  
Yeah, the Can-Am Outlanders use an Austrian-made Rotax EFI engine with 4 valves. My first EFI ATV was a wrecked 2009 Outlander 400 4x4 that had been driven over by a bulldozer. I rescued the engine, which was well-protected by a very robust steel box-tubing frame with several aluminum subframes. Very unlike any other quad I have had. I got the engine running again, after extracting it and the wiring harness from the crushed frame.

Attachments

• Can-Am_Outlander_1.jpg
    Can-Am_Outlander_1.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 130
  • outlander_9.jpg
    outlander_9.jpg
    573 KB · Views: 131
   / ATV advice #34  
I had a 2009 Suzuki Kingquad 500 Powersteering that got smashed by a tree January 13th, it had 4000 miles and 400 hours. Mostly used for plowing and around homestead yard work, and some recreational riding in between. I don't look for the latest and greatest, just reliable and functional, decided on a 2020 Kingquad 750 Powersteering. They did some improvements from my old one, towing increased from 960# to 1300#.

/ ATV advice #36  
The Can-Am Outlander MAX 1000cc 6x6 with be our next machine! (y) We need to extra ponies for operating in snow.
I am sure you do running tracks. They must take a lot of power.

/ ATV advice #37  
I do have threads here about pods and working machine our 6x6 is. I'm shocked so few people here done use 6x6's who claim there machine are for work. After using and owning ours for 4+ years now, we love the thing. Having a cargo box is tops!

/ ATV advice #38  
I'm shocked so few people here done use 6x6's who claim there machine are for work.
Does your Polaris 6x6 feature locking differentials, front and rear?

/ ATV advice #39  
Does your Polaris 6x6 feature locking differentials, front and rear?

I don't believe it does. All it has is a three-way switch that states 2x4, 4x4 and 4x4 adc. Something like that anyway. :unsure:.. I'm not much a 4 wheel'n mud flnging guy. What we use them for is 95% work.

/ ATV advice #40  
I’ve owned Suzuki,Kawasak,Honda and Yamaha all are good,but my Yamaha Kodiak that I’ve owned for 20 yrs is the best.