ATV advice

/ ATV advice #21  
If you'd like a cargo box and low PSI, you should look at a 6x6.

^ Correct!

We have several side by sides in our SAR unit. The one we have to use when traversing sand dunes or any soft terrain is the old Ranger 6x6. Both Polaris and Can-am make 6x6s; with the Can-am you can get a huge long bed if that's what you require.
P1050598er.jpg

/ ATV advice #23  
I thought the OP was looking at ATV's?? We do love our Polaris Boss. Top one is BRP's version while the bottom is Polaris.
outlander 6x6 pods.jpg
boss in snow083.jpg

/ ATV advice #24  
I thought the OP was looking at ATV's?? We do love our Polaris Boss. Top one is BRP's version while the bottom is Polaris.
He was. Then started talking about maybe a Honda Pioneer 500 UTV instead so he could take kids along.

/ ATV advice #25  
Many choices and no right answer
I own about 10 various atvs but I still go the the 84 Honda big red atc first

/ ATV advice #26  
Nothing to do with whatever the OP wants, but we've used them all. Still love the 6x6 best which is a tad more narrow for the trail work we do, easier to trailer and it can still haul the junk for us. :D
defworks88.jpg

/ ATV advice #27  
Never had a Polaris 6x6 here. They have been out a long time.

I do have a JD Gator 4x6 CVT UTV here, and it has rear lockable differential, which is necessary, cuz the front wheels do not get power. I suspect the Polaris 6x6 has rear diff lock for the same reason. Maybe even front diff lock, too.

/ ATV advice #28  
Another vote for Can-Am here. My Outlander does everything I need it to do.
As far as easy to work on...I'd have to say none of them.:(

/ ATV advice #29  
I was either going to buy the Diesel Mule 2510 in 2000 or so, or the Polaris 6x6. The Solid (Non Dif Rr) axle got it voted out. Are they still like that? Plus it's even noiser than the Mule, if that's possible. lol

/ ATV advice #30  
Have a look at the CanAm Outlander MAX, which is a 2-seater (front to back). Have had 2 of them (400 and 650), and they have been great.

One thing to keep in mind is than their Rotax motors outperform other ATV’s of similar size. I really didn’t need to upgrade to the 650, because the 400 that I bought first was plenty powerful enough. I just wanted the fuel injection. (The 400 probably has it now anyway.)

CanAm is a Canadian company.