Adding euro three point hooks

/ Adding euro three point hooks #41  
And you don't get the frame of a QH in the way of hooking up PTO shafts or hydraulics.
Yes that was a big reason why I didn’t go with the standard quick hitch, my snowblower PTO is the type with the sliding collar instead of the old fashioned simple push button so hooking and unhooking in limited space is more difficult.

/ Adding euro three point hooks #42  
I have the Pats Quick couplers which are not as good but still a big improvement over the old push pull attachment process. I remember keeping a digging bar handy to move the attachments into position when needed. Although I gotta say the new extendable swayable links on the MX make the job way easier it is still the easiest with some type of quick attach and the Euro links look to be the best solution... maybe later, for now I'm happy with Pats. I like that I can drop the spreader bar in the connect to class 1 or 2 attachments without fiddling around - just set the spreader to the marks I made on it for this or that width.
The spreader bar is unique to the Pats set up but it would be real easy to make one for any set up.
Enjoy the new setup... what are you going to do with all your free time :cool:
Does the spreader bar get in the way of the PTO shaft when raising or lowering the 3point arms ?

/ Adding euro three point hooks #43  
It might. The spreader bar is a small lightweight adjustable bar that drops in and I pull it out when I'm connecting the top link.

/ Adding euro three point hooks #44  
I just saw this thread, sorry for the late response. I added these euro style hooks and balls almost 2 years ago now. They are AMAZING!! I didn't go through Brian, but did speak with him about the project. In the end, I went with Agristoreusa. I did a video about it. Makes hooking and unhooking a breeze, and they are robust! I could not be happier with them. I wish every tractor came with them, would make life so much easier on so many people. But I don't think that will happen anytime soon in the US.

/ Adding euro three point hooks #45  
my snowblower PTO is the type with the sliding collar instead of the old push button type.
Those collars are horrible, I refer them as the devil's foreskin. I have one on my Kidd grassland topper. So I bought a 6" pto extension with the push button and shortened the pto shaft.
This is a picture of a machine like mine that I found on the internet. You will notice the forward extensions on the linkage clevises. These hold rocking plates which make contact with the underside of the linkage arms when you lift them up so no top link is required, and as the topper runs on skids, it floats over undulations without scalping.

Attachments

• new kidd toppers 001.jpeg.jpg
    new kidd toppers 001.jpeg.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
   / Adding euro three point hooks #46  
Those collars are horrible, I refer them as the devil's foreskin. I had one on my Kidd grassland topper. So I bought a 6" pto extension with the push button and shortened the pto shaft.
This is a picture of a machine like mine that I found on the internet. You will notice the forward extensions on the linkage clevises. These hold rocking plates which make contact with the underside of the linkage armswhen you lift them up so no top link is required, and as the topper runs on skids, it floats over undulations without scalping.
Interesting I may have seen those before but didn’t realize what they actually were, will be paying more attention next time.
Is that a LS brand machine in the picture ?

/ Adding euro three point hooks #47  
No it's a Kidd, made in Devizes, Wiltshire, UK. Archie Kidd started the company in the late fities, having designed a flail forage harvester. The company has had several owners over the years and the present one carries on the tradition of making very high quality machinery. Mine has a cutting width of 8ft 2""and has 2 rotors, each shaft driven from the central gearbox. The only grease nipples are on the pto
shaft.

Last edited:
   / Adding euro three point hooks #48  
I have this kind of quick hitch not this brand
but just hooking up the land plane is a snap
all three points are picked up at the same time:
willy

Attachments

• 1674260198275.png
    1674260198275.png
    31 KB · Views: 88
   / Adding euro three point hooks #49  
So you need some of these. For your tractor you could go with either the straight cat 1 hooks or the cat 1-2 hooks.
Then it is also nice to have a top link to go along with the lower hooks.

Like ptsg mentioned, you can do the fabrication, or ship the extendable ends to me for fabrication.
This first image looks like a replacement for an extendable link. Is that what these do?

/ Adding euro three point hooks #50  
This first image looks like a replacement for an extendable link. Is that what these do?
This is what the 3 most common sizes start out like.
Then you cut off the existing ball swivel on either the fixed draft arm or on an extendable end.
Does not matter, it works with both types of ends.
In other parts of the world these are available from the factories as either std or optional pieces.
This is not the case for North America.
I only have pictures with the extendable ends.

Attachments

• IMG_3899.JPG
    IMG_3899.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 30