/ 4707 #571  
What temps are you guys seeing and what should I be expecting? I was running it what I would consider pretty hard tearing up virgin ground with a 4 bottom and I think I was hitting like 160F
I got my 10ft rotary cutter going with some help from the guys on the 4700 Series facebook group. Temp on the dash was showing 165-180, not sure what that is measuring.

It doesnt take long to heat up to one bar or so from the red running about 3mph in fairly dense CRP. Mow for 5 minutes... cool down for 5 minutes. Cooling package clean, outside temps in the 70s.

/ 4707 #572  
I got my 10ft rotary cutter going with some help from the guys on the 4700 Series facebook group. Temp on the dash was showing 165-180, not sure what that is measuring.

It doesnt take long to heat up to one bar or so from the red running about 3mph in fairly dense CRP. Mow for 5 minutes... cool down for 5 minutes. Cooling package clean, outside temps in the 70s.
If I had a tractor that I had to let cool down for 5 minutes after I worked it a little I would be looking for something else, surely there has to be something wrong, a farm tractor should be good to work all day even in the hottest environments.

/ 4707 #573  
If I had a tractor that I had to let cool down for 5 minutes after I worked it a little I would be looking for something else, surely there has to be something wrong, a farm tractor should be good to work all day even in the hottest environments.
Yeah, agree 100%. I’m going to mess with it some more, see if I can’t find a solution. At this point I’ve had enough of the tractor, I will be getting rid of it as soon as I can afford an upgrade.

/ 4707 #574  
Rev’d it up some more, kicked it on, tractor made a bunch of racket under the cab, threw a code, and kicked the pto off.

I've had this happen a few times when using my brush cutter. In the moment I was just too eager to get started that I didn't bother to look it up. Does anyone know what this code means and if I'm doing it wrong?

for reference I was rev'ing up the engine to 1900 or so and engaging the PTO, it happens more frequently if it's the first time I'm engaging the pto for the day.

I'll have to keep a closer eye on the temps next summer when it's hotter. I don't remember the temps I got while bush hogging this summer.

1663046054588.png

/ 4707 #576  
I've had this happen a few times when using my brush cutter. In the moment I was just too eager to get started that I didn't bother to look it up. Does anyone know what this code means and if I'm doing it wrong?

for reference I was rev'ing up the engine to 1900 or so and engaging the PTO, it happens more frequently if it's the first time I'm engaging the pto for the day.

I'll have to keep a closer eye on the temps next summer when it's hotter. I don't remember the temps I got while bush hogging this summer.

View attachment 762244
My MX10 will kill the tractor at idle (surprised me, I can turn the cutter by hand easily). I run 1200-1400 RPM, engage for just a second to get it moving, disengage and re-engage. Works well, hopefully not hard on anything.

I ordered a TDI Tuning box to try out for now.

Gonna keep trying to recalibrate the clutch, some guys say theirs is buttery smooth.

/ 4707 #577  
I start my 12 foot batwing at idle with my 4707. I have the A button set for 1,970 RPMs, and once the batwing is spinning, I push the A button and it revs up to 1,970

/ 4707 #578  
I had my A button set on 1300 rpm, which seemed when more torque came in, and never had an issue with pto.
Start it up, wait fifteen seconds, push the button and "full power" at least for hydraulics came on.
Pto came on at 1300 rpm. No hesitation on 8 foot bush hog, granted tractor could handle bigger mowers.

I set the pto by the dash indicator showing about 520-540 rpm
never had overheating problems either in hot NC

/ 4707 #579  
My MX10 will kill the tractor at idle (surprised me, I can turn the cutter by hand easily). I run 1200-1400 RPM, engage for just a second to get it moving, disengage and re-engage. Works well, hopefully not hard on anything.

I ordered a TDI Tuning box to try out for now.

Gonna keep trying to recalibrate the clutch, some guys say theirs is buttery smooth.
Got the TDI box today, installed and tried it out for about 20 minutes. Tractor feels a little stronger.

I don't know if it was a coincidence but the clutch was buttery smooth.

/ 4707 #580  
I run a 12' batwing cutter and it's all my 4710 wants to do to start the thing spinning. You'll never convince me these tractors have a soft start feature on the PTO or that it works if it does have one.
My coolant Temps never get over the last hash mark to the left of half way on the dash gauge.
The temp displayed on the LCD middle screen is trans oil temp. Mine heats up slowly and on a hot 100 plus degree day levels off around 165 to 170 degrees while running the bush hog.