/ 4707 #1  

SteelMastiff

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland Powerstar 75
Anyone here have a 4707 Deluxe? Thoughts, good or bad?

/ 4707 #2  
Have used one but do not own one. Very simple tractor to use and comfortable. No DEF fluid to worry about either.

/ 4707
I have been shopping all brands in and around the 4700 class of tractor, and hands down the 4700 series offers the best ergonomics and comfort of any of the cab tractors I have been in. This is at least the case for me, who happens to have longer than average lower limbs. Fit and finish seems top notch as well....

/ 4707 #4  
Agreed^^^. I tested a bunch: Case 75c, NH T4.75, Kubota m7060, Mahindra 6075, Kioti Rx7320, and John Deere 5075e. The Massey Ferguson 4707 was the clear winner.

/ 4707 #5  
Anyone here have a 4707 Deluxe? Thoughts, good or bad?
I think it's a fine machine. No DEF or regen. It has the torquey big Sisu engine, and the fender mounted 3PH controls are Cadillac. I also like the sensitivity adjust for the power shuttle. I really want a 2wd model for myself, but it's at the bottom of my list right now.

/ 4707 #6  
I bought a new 4707 last week and will have it delivered next week with a rototiller on the back and a new bush hog.
Traded in my Kubota and the larger of my two Masseys. Wanted a bigger, more capable utility tractor with a stronger loader.
VisioRoof is pretty cool, though i wish it came back further; still it's the whole roof, not just a glass hatch. I use a man lift to trim trees
on my farm, have a lot of border trees that need trimming and with a lot of surgery on my neck, going into contortions to see the guy in the bucket is seriously painful. I knew I needed a solution, and this glass roof looks like a winner.

Fender mounted rear controls, Trelleborg rear radials almost as tall as I am. Big tractor, will need to learn power shuttle, and one of the selling features to me was the push button clutching on the joystick. Am physically disabled from arthritis and need an easier tractor to drive.

I had all the major colors near me. Had falling out with Kubota dealer. Really liked the Massey dealer, owner still farms.
And what made it affordable was the 4707 due to having a regen engine instead of DEF on the 4708 and higher models, is 9 thousand less.
Brings a fully loaded tractor close to 50 thousand, including buddy seat, rear controls, loaded tires, extra lights, the works. John Deere was way more expensive because you had to buy either an 5M or an R model to get the nice features. I'm a retired hobby farmer buying his last tractor.
Didn't have 75 grand to spend.

Of course there is one real reason this tractor is so affordable, sort of the elephant in the room.
Built in China. Completely I believe. In a supermodern Agco factory that is the equal of any. Just cheaper labor I guess.
And a three cylinder engine with likely a little less torque than JD's four cylinder models.
And that's why my 50k tractor is not 75k as it would be if made in Georgia.
I'm a guy who normally hunts down US flags on products...wasn't an easy decision for me.
I didn't want a second tier tractor, and no question, this tractor has very nice engineering.

The reviews are all excellent on this tractor. I've sat in mine at the dealership and sank in that air ride seat
and just went aaahhhhh. Huge cab, all controls come to hand. Looking forward to getting it home and will give you a full report.
Drew

/ 4707 #7  
I bought a new 4707 last week and will have it delivered next week with a rototiller on the back and a new bush hog.
Traded in my Kubota and the larger of my two Masseys. Wanted a bigger, more capable utility tractor with a stronger loader.
VisioRoof is pretty cool, though i wish it came back further; still it's the whole roof, not just a glass hatch. I use a man lift to trim trees
on my farm, have a lot of border trees that need trimming and with a lot of surgery on my neck, going into contortions to see the guy in the bucket is seriously painful. I knew I needed a solution, and this glass roof looks like a winner.

Fender mounted rear controls, Trelleborg rear radials almost as tall as I am. Big tractor, will need to learn power shuttle, and one of the selling features to me was the push button clutching on the joystick. Am physically disabled from arthritis and need an easier tractor to drive.

I had all the major colors near me. Had falling out with Kubota dealer. Really liked the Massey dealer, owner still farms.
And what made it affordable was the 4707 due to having a regen engine instead of DEF on the 4708 and higher models, is 9 thousand less.
Brings a fully loaded tractor close to 50 thousand, including buddy seat, rear controls, loaded tires, extra lights, the works. John Deere was way more expensive because you had to buy either an 5M or an R model to get the nice features. I'm a retired hobby farmer buying his last tractor.

Of course there is one real reason this tractor is so affordable, sort of the elephant in the room.
Built in China. Completely I believe. In a supermodern Agco factory that is the equal of any. Just cheaper labor I guess.
And a three cylinder engine with likely a little less torque than JD's four cylinder models.
I'm a guy who normally hunts down US flags on products...wasn't an easy decision for me.
I didn't want a second tier tractor, and no question, this tractor has very nice engineering.

The reviews are all excellent on this tractor. I've sat in mine at the dealership and sank in that air ride seat
and just went aaahhhhh. Huge cab, all controls come to hand. Looking forward to getting it home and will give you a full report.
Drew

Drew

I have had mine for a month. Absolutely love it. Super comfortable, fit and finish are excellent. Visio roof is awesome and is steel reinforced.
I bought mine with deluxe cab, 3rd function remote, Visio Roof, 936x self leveling loader, wheel weights and front Fenders( not yet installed)for $45200 (tax exempt) in Pa.
A few pieces of advice:
1.Set the auto RPM setting to 1200+. There isn't much torque below that, so I set mine to 1200 after startup.
2. Set the turn stops in so the turning radius is good.
3. Remember that it will not get full power until it has warmed up.
4. Transmission is super smooth. It actually shifts best using the button on the shifter.

If you have any questions, give me a shout. You are going to love the machine.

Dave 20181024_163604.jpeg20181024_163618.jpeg20181026_120043.jpeg20181026_114133.jpeg

/ 4707 #8  
Thanks Dave. Sounds like you found a sharper pencil than mine, we both have front grapple hookups too. Those mud flaps were quoted to me at 1400 bucks, I passed. Don't have much mud or do much road work, pretty sandy here.
My dealer threw in a new genuine bush hog at no cost since I was trading in one I bought from him earlier this year, just going larger all around.
So there were some other incentives.
If I had wanted to buy a Kubota again, I would have considered going to PA to Messicks. But my local folks have mechanic problems and
can't fix things right the first time. Not being a mechanic I need a good local dealer.

/ 4707 #9  
Thanks Dave. Sounds like you found a sharper pencil than mine, we both have front grapple hookups too. Those mud flaps were quoted to me at 1400 bucks, I passed. Don't have much mud or do much road work, pretty sandy here.
My dealer threw in a new genuine bush hog at no cost since I was trading in one I bought from him earlier this year, just going larger all around.
So there were some other incentives.
If I had wanted to buy a Kubota again, I would have considered going to PA to Messicks. But my local folks have mechanic problems and
can't fix things right the first time. Not being a mechanic I need a good local dealer.
I hear ya. My MF dealer is M.M. Weaver. Great people. They also sell Claas, Fendt, and Challenger.

Keep in touch

/ 4707
I have had mine for a month. Absolutely love it. Super comfortable, fit and finish are excellent. Visio roof is awesome and is steel reinforced.
I bought mine with deluxe cab, 3rd function remote, Visio Roof, 936x self leveling loader, wheel weights and front Fenders( not yet installed)for $45200 (tax exempt) in Pa.
A few pieces of advice:
1.Set the auto RPM setting to 1200+. There isn't much torque below that, so I set mine to 1200 after startup.
2. Set the turn stops in so the turning radius is good.
3. Remember that it will not get full power until it has warmed up.
4. Transmission is super smooth. It actually shifts best using the button on the shifter.

If you have any questions, give me a shout. You are going to love the machine.

DaveView attachment 579437View attachment 579438View attachment 579439View attachment 579440

Holy smokes, my local dealers; two of them within 50 miles of me, both quoted me a ridiculous number compared to what you paid. And this was for just the deluxe cab, 931x loader, visio roof, and 3rd function. Both quoted me over 50k, before 6% sales tax, and neither were coming off from it. They proclaimed their pricing was the best that they could do. I was also shopping for some implements, so they were going to earn that business, but honestly they seemed to care less if I purchased anything from them.

It has left me searching for an alternative to the 4707, which there is nothing of the sorts in my opinion that compares to what the Massey offers me personally in terms of overall ergonomics for my size frame, it just fits me like a glove.

I just can't justify spending that kind of money for my needs, but I would be a buyer all day long at the price you paid, especially considering how well equipped your tractor is...

I didn't want to press the issue to much with them, because I am more than willing to hitch up the wagon and drag one home from out of state if need be. I would however still need to rely on the local guy for any warranty repairs in the future should the need arise, so I am not looking to burn any bridges, but obviously they aren't trying very hard to build one either.