4520P Slower than advertised?

/ 4520P Slower than advertised? #1  

VentracPlusKioti

Tractor
Ventrac 4520P
I’m new here so forgive me with 8 hours on my machine. Ventrac states that the low and high speeds are 5/10 mph. With ideal conditions, meaning no attachments, full throttle, going down hill I “might” be able to get 4 and 8 mph on low and high. My dealer says that’s normal.

What do you guys think? Maybe I’m having buyers remorse and not shelling out for the N, just feels slow as hell going 3 mph mowing in low range on flat ground. Are my expectations too high?

/ 4520P Slower than advertised?
Update! Ventrac called me back this morning and left a nice voicemail saying it’s totally fixable and they will work with my dealer. Great customer service

/ 4520P Slower than advertised? #3  
My speedometer burnt out a couple of years ago but I don't like going much faster than 5 mph on my land. I did put it in high once last year to get to a neighbor's yard down the street, but all of the other time I'm in low. 🐌

I think 5 in low is the fastest I've ever been able to push it, even down my 15 degree bank.

How fast do you tell Ventrac that you wanted to go?

I’d be happy with posted speed. Just felt wrong to be going 3 and change carrying an implement on flat ground.

/ 4520P Slower than advertised? #5  
What RPM do you get at wide open throttle?

Mine is about 3400 with red line on the gauge at 3500.

Full throttle is only 3000 rpm

/ 4520P Slower than advertised? #7  
Full throttle is only 3000 rpm
Yes that is too slow.

Your manual states on page 75 that operation range (RPM) should be 1,550 - 3,650.

A simple throttle adjustment is all that is needed.

Any videos? On how to do that? Just dropped it off with my dealer and he said 4 weeks before he could even look at it

/ 4520P Slower than advertised? #9  
This about sums it up.

Keep an eye on the RPM gauge and don't red line it. Personally, I'd limit it to 3,500 to give myself a safety factor.

Snug up the jam nut when you are done.

Attachments

• Throttle_1.jpg
    Throttle_1.jpg
    582 KB · Views: 16
  • Throttle_2.jpg
    Throttle_2.jpg
    547.4 KB · Views: 15
This about sums it up.

Keep an eye on the RPM gauge and don't red line it. Personally, I'd limit it to 3,500 to give myself a safety factor.

Snug up the jam nut when you are done.
Thank you for sharing! I dropped this off Saturday with my dealer before you posted Sunday. Works as advertised now! Little miffed I had to pay my dealer a $60 diagnostic fee on a $30k brand new machine but hey works great now