1986 Ford 1510

/ 1986 Ford 1510 #31  
Got the rear tires on and in the shop for the fluid change.

That’s looking good. Getting some new treads and straightening the hood made a big difference. Did the rims straighten out enough to not need the tubes?

That’s a nice shop too. I’m in my 50s now and have finally come to the realization that I don’t like crawling around on the ground anymore. I wish had went a couple feet higher on my barn when we built it 16 years ago. I have a ceiling at 10’ that really limits my ability to get a lift that could accommodate anything taller than a car.

Last edited:
   / 1986 Ford 1510
This is closing the barn door after the horse is out, but you should have painted the wheels before the new tires went on. Project is coming along nicely though.
You are correct and I thought about it but didn't do it, I didn't take off but one tire had to let the tire shop do the other and I had to leave it with them so I could have painted them but didn't just being lazy I guess.

/ 1986 Ford 1510
That’s looking good. Getting some new treads and straightening the hood made a big difference. Did the rims straighten out enough to not need the tubes?

That’s a nice shop too. I’m in my 50s now and have finally come to the realization that I don’t like crawling around on the ground anymore. I wish had went a couple feet higher on my barn when we built it 16 years ago. I have a ceiling at 10’ that really limits my ability to get a lift that could accommodate anything taller than a car.
Yes the rim did good I was a bit surprised and my 22 year old grandson and my FIL both said I couldn't get back usable, I quickly remembered how hard it is to use a big hammer and hit something precisely where you need to.
Thanks on the shop complement I broke down and ordered that lift after working on my wife's car and could not hardly move the next day from rolling around in the floor and getting up and down so many times, some folks on here said I would wonder how I ever got along without it they were right and I do not regret it.

/ 1986 Ford 1510
The lift came with a set of wheels so if I needed to I could roll it out in front of the shop and lift something higher, I did that before I built on to my shop.

/ 1986 Ford 1510
I had to call my Dad and ask him why he had the wheels on backwards and he let me know pretty quick he had never had those wheels off. While it was sitting on jack stands I noticed rub marks on the inside of both fenders and when I did get the wheels back I was having a hard time getting them back on so I stopped and got out the tape measure, after measuring the offset on the rims I determined that the wheels had been on backwards and after I turned them around they fit fine, I can barely stick my finger's between the tire and the fender now.

/ 1986 Ford 1510
Okay got the oil and transmission fluid and filters done, Dad had said the 3 point lift was slow and didn't work right but it all seams fine after the new fluid and filter. the fluids did not look bad or smell burnt but the two low points on the rear were like a big fat worm coming out but only for a second. The PTO handle was broken off so I removed the collar and welded the handle back on then replaced it back on the tractor and it now works good, a little hard getting the PTO in gear but hoping it will get better with use. I ask Dad why he had vice grips on there instead of fixing it and he said he tried but could not get the roll pin out, three punches and two drill bits later I understand but now it works. I let my grandson ride it around for about 15 minutes he was grinning from ear to ear.

/ 1986 Ford 1510
Got the small 4 foot cutter blades sharpened and gearbox oil changed anything else will be cosmetic I think it's time to put it to work and see what happens.

/ 1986 Ford 1510 #38  
Okay got the oil and transmission fluid and filters done, Dad had said the 3 point lift was slow and didn't work right but it all seams fine after the new fluid and filter. the fluids did not look bad or smell burnt but the two low points on the rear were like a big fat worm coming out but only for a second. The PTO handle was broken off so I removed the collar and welded the handle back on then replaced it back on the tractor and it now works good, a little hard getting the PTO in gear but hoping it will get better with use. I ask Dad why he had vice grips on there instead of fixing it and he said he tried but could not get the roll pin out, three punches and two drill bits later I understand but now it works. I let my grandson ride it around for about 15 minutes he was grinning from ear to ear.

That's great. To me there's nothing better in life than having happy kids around.

/ 1986 Ford 1510
I have some wonderful Grandkids' but he enjoys working in the shop with me and I enjoy it too, My Dad is 84 and anytime he comes up I always schedule some time for us to work on something because he still likes to but can't hold up to do it so I end up doing 95% of the work but he takes 75% of the credit LOL. I enjoy doing things with him the way my Grandson enjoys it with me. Life is full of blessings

/ 1986 Ford 1510
Put it to work today I let the screen get full once but we caught it before it ran hot. Once Dad got on it I didn't think he was gonna stop. :giggle:

FORD 1510  (7).jpg