1986 Ford 1510

/ 1986 Ford 1510
I have not found a replacement wheel yet, I have two new tires so I'll have to stay with the size wheel/rim that I have. Today may be Hammer Time and see if I can make that wheel resemble it's former self. :)

/ 1986 Ford 1510
Got the wheel beat back in shape but it will have to have a tube from now on. The numbers on the Wheel/Rim are W11x16 0587 Japan. I believe it is referred to as an AG wheel

/ 1986 Ford 1510 #13  
I had a Shibaura SD1500AO. It was a 15hp 2 cylinder diesel about the same vintage as yours. It was tough as nails. Those Shibaura built Fords (and New Hollands) were great tractors. Add pics as you make progress.

/ 1986 Ford 1510 #14  
Got the wheel beat back in shape but it will have to have a tube from now on. The numbers on the Wheel/Rim are W11x16 0587 Japan. I believe it is referred to as an AG wheel

There are usually other brands that use the same wheels. Having the width and diameter from the stamping will help. If you take some measurements and figure out the size of the bolt circle, you may be able to find rims from a different tractor that fit. They may be a different color but they’re interchangeable if all the holes are the same size and line up.

/ 1986 Ford 1510
I went ahead and flushed the radiator, changed air and fuel filter and of course got air in the line ended up bleeding everything and the coolant looked like muddy water or darker but it all looks good now found another tire shop that will do tractor wheels but no body is open till Monday.

/ 1986 Ford 1510 #16  
I went through the same process a few years ago with a tractor that belonged to my wife’s grandfather. It was gas powered and needed a carb tear down along with a tank cleaning and replacement of the fuel lines. It was a fun little project for a couple of my boys and I.

I ultimately ended up selling the tractor after my youngest hopped off without taking it out of gear. He’s too accustomed to hydrostatic transmissions. I was standing next to him when he just hopped off before I could get the reminders out, still in gear and at part throttle. He hopped off the side, out came the clutch, and we watched it motor across the yard and hit a tree. It then tried to climb up the tree while we were trying to shut it down safely. It was an adventure.

After that my wife’s sentiment for the tractor diminished some. Then the pandemic happened and its value increased to the point it made sense to sell. But it still made some good memories.

Last edited:
   / 1986 Ford 1510
FORD 1510 (12).jpgFORD 1510 (20).jpg
Before and after picture of home made grill

/ 1986 Ford 1510 #19  
That works!

/ 1986 Ford 1510 #20  
Looks stronger than the original. Have you considered hitting it with a touch of ford blue?