1986 Ford 1510

/ 1986 Ford 1510 #1  

woody

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, Kubota ZG222, Kubota L45, 1980 Ford 1700
My Dad has decided to down size and basically get rid of everything he didn't have to have, and I got because no one else wanted it a 1986 Ford 1510 in pretty sad shape. I may not restore it to it's former glory but I will restore it to working condition. 20231107_103135.jpg20231107_103118.jpg20231107_103150.jpg

/ 1986 Ford 1510 #2  
Working condition is the best condition there is for an old tractor. Doing useful things with something old and discarded is very satisfying.

It looks complete, so hopefully this one is not too far away from that goal.

Did your dad fill you in on anything that you might be up against?

/ 1986 Ford 1510
first things to do is new tires, that is why I have it raised up so I can get the front tires off. Then I can get it in the shop for a complete oil and hydraulic oil with filter change.

/ 1986 Ford 1510 #4  
Will it start and run?

/ 1986 Ford 1510 #5  
In my opinion, 1986 was the last good year for Ford tractors. They went downhill from there then New Holland tried. NH should have stayed making implements. They were good at that.

I plan to be buried with my Ford 3910 which is a 1986 in pristine condition. (Restored from the picture in my avatar.)

/ 1986 Ford 1510
Will it start and run?
It will now and the hydraulics are working although a little sluggish but I am hoping when I get around to the fluid and filter change it will get better.

/ 1986 Ford 1510 #7  
That’s a good place to be starting from. If you don’t already have some, it may be worth searching around a bit for service and parts manuals for that model. They can be a real help in understanding the path of the oil flow and where any hidden screens or restrictions might be. Ford was good at making tractor manuals.

/ 1986 Ford 1510
That’s a good place to be starting from. If you don’t already have some, it may be worth searching around a bit for service and parts manuals for that model. They can be a real help in understanding the path of the oil flow and where any hidden screens or restrictions might be. Ford was good at making tractor manuals.
Yes sir I looked at Tractor Supply and they are out of the manual that covers the 1510, so I'm looking for a PDF I can download or I may check a different TSC later. I put new front tires on yesterday and found something to build the grill out of, but since I have been real busy helping my in-laws on some house repairs it's going to have to wait a little longer.

/ 1986 Ford 1510
Well I done it now I was trying to break down the rear tire and bent the rim with the bar I was using after bending it in a couple of places I got a little to rambunctious and when I was done I think I need a new one. :mad:

/ 1986 Ford 1510 #10  
Yep, I've found that I have the best luck mounting tires when I throw them into the truck and take them to the tire shop.

Hopefully there are some used rims and tires for sale in your area that could work.