Socket Organizers

/ Socket Organizers #1  

paulsharvey

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610 HST
First; how is there not a 'Tools' section of the forum? So, I have a crap ton of mixed, loose sockets, and I'm trying to get more organized. Was gonna pick up a handful of the cheesy steel ones at HF, but while standing in line with like 4 of every size, I dropped one, and several of the clip retainers sprung off. Put them back, and grabbed the more expensive full metric vertical peg type plastic ones, that have sizes labeled. Open box today, and 2 of the 1/4" pegs are already broken off in the box. So, what do you guys like, that keeps sockets organized, and where you can quickly grab a strip of say, 3/8" metrics from the shed to the work area, that works and doesn't cost what a full case with organizer cost?
20231125_114700.jpg
20231125_114703.jpg

/ Socket Organizers #2  
We have a harbor freight tools that don’t suck thread. Think it’s in rural living?

ETA: Found it, parts and repair forums.

/ Socket Organizers
I was browsing Amazon/generally online, and dang, they want some money for the better magnetic organizers...

/ Socket Organizers #7  
First; how is there not a 'Tools' section of the forum? So, I have a crap ton of mixed, loose sockets, and I'm trying to get more organized. Was gonna pick up a handful of the cheesy steel ones at HF, but while standing in line with like 4 of every size, I dropped one, and several of the clip retainers sprung off. Put them back, and grabbed the more expensive full metric vertical peg type plastic ones, that have sizes labeled. Open box today, and 2 of the 1/4" pegs are already broken off in the box. So, what do you guys like, that keeps sockets organized, and where you can quickly grab a strip of say, 3/8" metrics from the shed to the work area, that works and doesn't cost what a full case with organizer cost?View attachment 833837View attachment 833838
I use the cheesy steel clip HF racks. They work for me and are no different than the cheesy steel clip racks that I bought 25+ years ago from Sears/Craftsman.

/ Socket Organizers #9  
I use the HF magnetic bar….
Just the bar, the one they use to give away free..
Now I think it’s 2.00.??