How do you store you logging/tow chain?

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #341  
20161227_133543.jpg20161227_133556.jpg20161227_133604.jpg

Another ammo box solution. Click on the images and they should appear right side up.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #342  
I usually have a pile of chains in the floor because I don’t leave any chains on my trailer. Some yahoo would borrow them if I did. As far as when I’m working I use my Mule to haul stuff around with. I want to bring way more stuff than I can fit on the tractor. Saws, gas, bar oil, chains, straps, cant hook, tools, and other stuff.IMG_1357.JPG

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #343  
   / How do you store you logging/tow chain? #344  
Smokeydog, very interesting, and beautiful fabrication work. But I'm not sure what I'm looking at in the pics! Could you post a wider shot, and maybe a description of what you've done here?

IMG_0891.JPG

The chainbox is a drop of 5x5” sq steel tube. Bottom is 1/2” plate. Welded to the loader support. Ample drain holes in bottom and spaces to blow debris out. Doubles as long handle tool carrier too.
The chainsaw holster on side. Locking bolt with spring antivibe secures bar with plastic bar guard in place. Slightly out of plumb with the loader frame to reduce lower footprint and allow better clearance for the saw. Note rubber adjustable foot to support saw body. Not necessary but I like it. Loop for felling wedge or tools like a hammer.
Made to be tuff and not in the operators way. Safely carry chainsaw, chain, tools while operating Kubota B26 tlb.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #345  
Not sure if I posted my chain storage here...

Image1549129229.237393.jpg Image1549129245.748279.jpg IMG_8627.JPG

Last edited:
   / How do you store you logging/tow chain? #346  
View attachment 589853

The chainbox is a drop of 5x5” sq steel tube. Bottom is 1/2” plate. Welded to the loader support. Ample drain holes in bottom and spaces to blow debris out. Doubles as long handle tool carrier too.
The chainsaw holster on side. Locking bolt with spring antivibe secures bar with plastic bar guard in place. Slightly out of plumb with the loader frame to reduce lower footprint and allow better clearance for the saw. Note rubber adjustable foot to support saw body. Not necessary but I like it. Loop for felling wedge or tools like a hammer.
Made to be tuff and not in the operators way. Safely carry chainsaw, chain, tools while operating Kubota B26 tlb.
Thanks! Well done indeed!

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #347  
   / How do you store you logging/tow chain? #348  
That's a nice set-up, Smokeydog.

BTW, I used to have that same scrench holder on two of my chainsaws. I lost two screnches when working out in the woods (I assume they got caught by brush or something). I eventually switched to the TopSaw chainsaw multi-tool and keep the pouch on my chainsawing belt, along with a few other tools/holsters.

I use a piece of cable loom zip tied to my handle (top, mid and bottom) for my scrench holder. I also spray them florescent orange to find a little easier when I drop it or set it down.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #349  
I like to have my chain with me at all times but haven't found a good place to put it on my tractor. How do you deal with this? Thanks.

I have two chain boxes, one on each FEL tower, made from 50 cal ammo cans. They are attached with JB Weld and so far have held up well over 4 months of hot and cold weather and riding over rough terrain. Each one holds a 20' 20 lb logging/towing chain. Time will tell if the hold for the long term. Some pics are attached and I have a video showing how I mounted them:

Adding Chain Boxes to My Kubota Tractor: Adding Chain Boxes to My Kubota Tractor - YouTube

So far they have been very handy to have in the field!

Attachments

• Chain Box - Both.jpg
    Chain Box - Both.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 308
  • Chain Box - Left.jpg
    Chain Box - Left.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 275
  • Chain Box - Right.jpg
    Chain Box - Right.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 267
   / How do you store you logging/tow chain? #350  
I have two chain boxes, one on each FEL tower, made from 50 cal ammo cans. They are attached with JB Weld and so far have held up well over 4 months of hot and cold weather and riding over rough terrain. Each one holds a 20' 20 lb logging/towing chain. Time will tell if the hold for the long term. Some pics are attached and I have a video showing how I mounted them:

Adding Chain Boxes to My Kubota Tractor: Adding Chain Boxes to My Kubota Tractor - YouTube

So far they have been very handy to have in the field!
Got your idea somewhere? Copying is a sincere form of flattery but give credit where it is due!

BX Auxillary Chain Box Modification - YouTube