How do you store you logging/tow chain?

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #333  
Thanks ! That is a very good observation and something that I will certainly keep an eye out for and had not considered even though I try to keep the chain pretty tightly wound.

A couple of the D style pins that you could put through the chain to make sure it can loosen would be a cheap and easy but of added assurance.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #334  
A couple of the D style pins that you could put through the chain to make sure it can loosen would be a cheap and easy but of added assurance.

You know you might be on to something. I am wondering if I could not add a couple of dedicated posts of some kind to wrap the chain around and have each of the two posts have a mechanism like the D-style or similar to keep it tightly in place......hmmmm

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #335  
I removed the passenger side step and replaced it with a tool box.
View attachment 449605View attachment 449606View attachment 449607

I just realized this post and pics by nvmyhd are three years old, and he hasn't posted since June 2016. So I guess I can't ask him how this has held up for him. :laughing: In particular, I'm wondering if the toolbox is sturdy enough to use as a step when necessary. Being able to get on and off the tractor from either side is important to me.

My open-station CK3510HST SE came with only one step, on the left side, although there are reinforced threaded mounting holes on the right side as well, and the step is designed to mount on either side. So I ordered and mounted a second one for the right side as well! :laughing:

So, still haven't decided how to carry chains on the CK. May just end up sleeving the torque tube and keeping one there. On my NX, they stay in a small bucket in the cab, and that works fine.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #336  
I just realized this post and pics by nvmyhd are three years old, and he hasn't posted since June 2016. So I guess I can't ask him how this has held up for him. :laughing: In particular, I'm wondering if the toolbox is sturdy enough to use as a step when necessary. Being able to get on and off the tractor from either side is important to me.

--------------------------------

Looks like he is still active: https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/members/nvmyhd.html

Try sending a Private Message. :thumbsup:

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #337  
I stored some of my best chains under leaves in the woods until I painted the ends flourescent green. Now I can find them.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #338  
I wrap them around the 3 point hitch arms

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #339  
In a pipe. IMG_0252.JPG