How do you store you logging/tow chain?

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #361  
A no brainer to preserve metal with oil, but then.... every time you use a chain its all oily? Isnt that just kinda disgusting to always be handling oily chains? Seems it would make a mess of your gloves, clothes, and anything else it contacts. And then don't they get more dirt stuck to them due to the oil?

I just try to keep my chains from ever getting wet. So they get a tiny bit rusty, no big deal.

Not oily at all. The diesel and oil mix just leaves a thin layer that looks like aged diesel fuel on steel and it's not oily like you are thinking. One use and it's fine. If left outside it would lightly rust in a day or two. I might have more diesel than oil in the mix and I really don't pay much attention but not oily.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #362  
Got your idea somewhere? Copying is a sincere form of flattery but give credit where it is due!

BX Auxillary Chain Box Modification - YouTube

Dragon, I always though you were a much younger man. Heck fire, you have gray hair!. I don't know why I thought that, other than a "mental picture" a person builds in their mind. I am 64 by the way. That click bond stuff sure looks like a good product. Of course I would have just welded on those studs. :)

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #363  
Dragon, I always though you were a much younger man. Heck fire, you have gray hair!. I don't know why I thought that, other than a "mental picture" a person builds in their mind. I am 64 by the way. That click bond stuff sure looks like a good product. Of course I would have just welded on those studs. :)

Hey James, I’m 58 going on 78 or 38 depending on the day! Yeah that ‘silver’ I like to call it, hair did get caught up in the video.

I love welding projects but just don’t have the heart to do it on my tractor.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #364  
IMG_20170912_104722287_HDR.jpg

Hi There.....
It's amazing how many chains an ammo box can hold along with a hammer and cat 1 pins and more....John

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #366  
Hi Again...

I spray my chains with yellow paint....so they're easier to find in the snow....trickier in the fall though...

John

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #367  
Hi Again...

I spray my chains with yellow paint....so they're easier to find in the snow....trickier in the fall though...

John

I hit mine with blue rustoleum. Blue is one of the least likely colors to find in nature.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #368  
I hit mine with blue rustoleum. Blue is one of the least likely colors to find in nature.

Unless you're in Texas.

IMG_4087.jpg

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #369  
   / How do you store you logging/tow chain? #370  
My tow chain is easy to reach, just laying on the floor usually in the tractor or else in the corner of the shop floor.
chain on floor.jpg