zero-turn mower, turning around w/o wrecking the grass

/ zero-turn mower, turning around w/o wrecking the grass #41  
I know Cub Cadet has at least one zero turn with steering wheel because Mom’s neighbor has one. I suspect there are probably a few other brands.
I didn’t realize the steering wheel could make one wheel turn in reverse for sharp turns, that’s very interesting.
Rear engine Zero Turn mowers are safer on slopes and near water. You control the front wheels to prevent sliding.

/ zero-turn mower, turning around w/o wrecking the grass
I am an older guy (72) and I ain't too proud to set on my ass when mowing. Plus, a bad leg (stroke 22 years ago).
Don't think it's just older guys...there's a lot of younger to middle-age that probably couldn't stand long enough to mow 2-3 acres.
Stand-on mowers may be popular with commercial mowing...don't see them being too popular with most home users
Yeah you got to be fairly fit to be on one of these things, but then it also keeps you fit.

My terrain is kind of crazy out back. My spine was taking a pounding, sitting on the mower.
With this thing, your legs are the shock absorbers, which is why I got it. So it is kind of a workout. But then you learn to lean into it, it's much more responsive than a riding mower, so almost an extension of you. It's a lot of fun.

/ zero-turn mower, turning around w/o wrecking the grass #43  
My wife's steering wheel ZTR never tears up the lawn, damp or not,
What make / model ZTR with the steering wheel?

/ zero-turn mower, turning around w/o wrecking the grass #44  
What make / model ZTR with the steering wheel?
Here's one...a Cub Cadet
Pretty sure one of our members recently bought one of these

/ zero-turn mower, turning around w/o wrecking the grass #45  
are there any limited slip axle set ups in the newer zero turn mowers to avoid skids? seems to me it would be a given, bet they show up in e mower technology
Yes - it is called the operator. You determine the speed of each wheel.

/ zero-turn mower, turning around w/o wrecking the grass #46  
what brand has a steering wheel? thx
Cub Cadet has a couple models including a professional one with steering wheels. My wife has a 60" ZTR. The steering wheel controls the linkage to not only the front wheels but the Hydro Gear wheel pumps. Pretty neat and well thought out system. No wheel scrub on a turn, no matter how tight it is. I actually prefer it over the 'oars' on mine Unlike a conventional ZT, the front wheels are linked to the steering wheel and are not casters but they can still articulate at 90 degrees to effectuate a 90 degree 'zero turn'. The steering wheel tilts for ease of steering too and it has cruise control as well.

/ zero-turn mower, turning around w/o wrecking the grass #47  
Cub Cadet has a couple models including a professional one with steering wheels. My wife has a 60" ZTR. The steering wheel controls the linkage to not only the front wheels but the Hydro Gear wheel pumps. Pretty neat and well thought out system. No wheel scrub on a turn, no matter how tight it is. I actually prefer it over the 'oars' on mine Unlike a conventional ZT, the front wheels are linked to the steering wheel and are not casters but they can still articulate at 90 degrees to effectuate a 90 degree 'zero turn'. The steering wheel tilts for ease of steering too and it has cruise control as well.
What is wheel scrub?

/ zero-turn mower, turning around w/o wrecking the grass #48  
This^^^ . I've been under one and can confirm this is correct. They stick well to hill sides as well. Much better than my Gravely pro turn anyway.

/ zero-turn mower, turning around w/o wrecking the grass #49  
This^^^ . I've been under one and can confirm this is correct. They stick well to hill sides as well. Much better than my Gravely pro turn anyway.
Been under my wife's as well. She got a stick stuck in one of the Hydro gear cooling fans and amputated all the blades so I had to replace the fan. Miserable job. Had top drop the Hydro gear unit to access the fan.

I don't know who at Cub cadet came up with the design but I'd bet it's patented. Has grease fittings too. Amazing. No hills here to deal with.