Yoder wood pellet smoker

/ Yoder wood pellet smoker #11  
My yoder smoker is about 300# of steel. Will outlast me

/ Yoder wood pellet smoker #13  
Do you recommend a particular model?
Really the best model for you depends on how much you will smoke at any given time and just buy one with the capacity you need. I would probably go with the YS1500s pellet smoker and be set. It would be more practical to go with the pellet smoker but I would love a Yoder Kingman if I had more time on my hands to tend to it. Yoder Smokers are high quality smokers, made in America. Very few smokers are made in America any more. Traegers use to be but have been made in China since the Traeger family sold out in 2006. I personally own a Recteq RT700 and use it nearly daily and I prefer it over the Traeger as far as quality....but the Recteq is made in China too and isn't going to last as long as a Yoder will. If you only use a smoker occasionally then it may not matter to spend the extra money on a Yoder as they all do the job. When my Recteq plays out I want to get a Yoder to replace it. $$ though.

/ Yoder wood pellet smoker #14  
I didn't look at Yoder. When I bought mine, I had no idea about smokers and my sister had a Traeger so that is what I bought. I love it. But looking at the Yoder's and seeing their price, they must be a lot nicer smoker than Traeger.

If I were going to pay that much for a Pellet smoker, I would put it toward a nice offset smoker (Real wood). I did buy a Oklahoma Joe's Longhorn over the winter and haven't put it together yet.

/ Yoder wood pellet smoker #15  
I've had my eye on a Mak 1 Star General for a few years now but just can't bring myself to spend a couple grand on a smoker. Researched the hell out of them, 100% made in America, built like a tank and supposedly the best electronics in the business. Maybe some day I'll pull the trigger!

/ Yoder wood pellet smoker #16  
Here's what I'm considering...it has digital controls, will grill and smoke and burns charcoal and wood.

/ Yoder wood pellet smoker #17  
I had an electric smoker, which was fine to see if you want try smoking, but mine was a cheap Masterbuilt, and it would max out at about 220F so it took forever.

I upgraded to a Recteq smoker. They are similar to the Traeger, but all stainless. You buy them direct from the manufacturer, so no middle man markup. I just set the temp and it holds the temp within a couple of degrees. I've had mine a couple of years and love it.

/ Yoder wood pellet smoker #18  
Here's what I'm considering...it has digital controls, will grill and smoke and burns charcoal and wood.

Kind of like the old coal burners for heating, they gravity feed coal in the same way, you remember 2L . . . ;)

/ Yoder wood pellet smoker #19  
Kind of like the old coal burners for heating, they gravity feed coal in the same way, you remember 2L . . . ;)
We didn't have those in rural Oklahoma; mostly wood/coal burning pot bellied stoves and kerosene heating stoves. We have fairly moderate Winters here.

/ Yoder wood pellet smoker #20  
The reason I remember them (the old stoves) is because a relative that came from back east somewhere Pennsylvania, I think had one that they brought to Kentucky where most of us where born.