All Things BBQ

/ All Things BBQ #21  
My yoder is spot on temps after initial start up, but have to throw a welders blanket over it when its super cold outdoors. Smoked steak last week….17°f outside.

/ All Things BBQ #22  
I have 2 US Stove company pellet grills.

A small tailgater version which I use most of the time. I like the amount of smoke it throws and it is the right size for our family of 3. Another cool feature is it comes with a griddle for cooking... griddle things.

The bigger one is nice as well, but too big for most meals I make.

I love the pellet grill (aka lazy mans) method of BBQing. I have made some amazing food on these grills.

Attachments

• KIMG0026 (1).JPG
    KIMG0026 (1).JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 107
   / All Things BBQ #23  
@2LaneCruzer thank you so much for your suggestion

Last edited:
   / All Things BBQ
@2LaneCruzer thank you so much for your suggestion
My pleasure. I've been looking at them on the internet; I'm pretty much home bound right now, but I'm going to take a look at one in the store in the near future.

/ All Things BBQ #25  
I have a Traeger, my brother has a Rec Tec. They both are great, we both use remote thermometers. His seems to keep the temps a bit more accurate. When I'm in smoke mode it can go anywhere from 170-225, which I guess is normal for Traegers.
I have a traeger and I have smoked 100s of pounds of meat on it. I love it. I use it our sunroom and I use a wireless remote thermometer seems like cheating : ) . I want an off-set smoker but can't really justify it. I also have a Blackstone griddle that I use more than my smoker now. Will probably use it to do hashbrowns on tomorrow.

/ All Things BBQ #26  
I have a traeger and I have smoked 100s of pounds of meat on it. I love it. I use it our sunroom and I use a wireless remote thermometer seems like cheating : ) . I want an off-set smoker but can't really justify it. I also have a Blackstone griddle that I use more than my smoker now. Will probably use it to do hashbrowns on tomorrow.
The Blackstones work pretty good do they? I've been thinking about getting one . . . I also have a Traeger.

/ All Things BBQ #27  
The Blackstones work pretty good do they? I've been thinking about getting one . . . I also have a Traeger.
They work very well, anything that you would do in a frying pan on a stove you can do on a blackstone. I've even seen a guy fry fish on one, in an aluminum pan with oil in it. You can pick them up used on FB.

Great for Big breakfasts, I've lost count of how many pounds of fried rice I've done on it. Street corn, fried rice, pancakes, bacon, hash browns, smashburgers. Pretty much anything you can imagine. I have the 36" and my sister just bought the 28" she really likes it.

/ All Things BBQ #28  
Only because I'm a tightwad ,I don't have a Blackstone. I use a griddle salvaged off a commercial range top and like it better than gas grill for steak. I think a Blackstone belongs in any serious outdoor cook's arsenal.

/ All Things BBQ #30  
My pleasure. I've been looking at them on the internet; I'm pretty much home bound right now, but I'm going to take a look at one in the store in the near future.
also thank you for this