All Things BBQ

/ All Things BBQ
Last edited:
   / All Things BBQ #33  
Here's an article with a lot of info on frills and smokers:

Interesting article. Nothing I've ever done, or really even thought much about before reading some threads here on TBN. Video did answer a lot of questions.

At first I thought it was a typo (and maybe it was) with "frills", but man you can really go nuts with this stuff! I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that some can be controlled by a smartphone, but I guess everything is today...

/ All Things BBQ
Interesting article. Nothing I've ever done, or really even thought much about before reading some threads here on TBN. Video did answer a lot of questions.

At first I thought it was a typo (and maybe it was) with "frills", but man you can really go nuts with this stuff! I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that some can be controlled by a smartphone, but I guess everything is today...
Yeah, it's a typo. I meant to write "grills".

/ All Things BBQ #35  
I was just at my local grocers, i think they've gone nuts on bbq stuff. They also have rows of different pellets
1698A0C7-2BC4-43FE-8414-013F560BF181.jpeg

/ All Things BBQ
Wow! Makes me want to walk down that aisle! I notice they are about out of Bad Byron's Butt Rubb; my go to rubb before I came up with my own, which I think is better, at least for me.

/ All Things BBQ #37  
Only because I'm a tightwad ,I don't have a Blackstone. I use a griddle salvaged off a commercial range top and like it better than gas grill for steak. I think a Blackstone belongs in any serious outdoor cook's arsenal.
Yes, I looked into griddle's that you put on the cooktop gas stove but my wife hates me to cook anything greasy, stinky or smokey on her gas stove, which is about everything you cook on a griddle. lol So, we compromised and I cook in the sunroom with windows open. I cook more in the sunroom now than she cooks in the kitchen, no lie. I cooked steaks and fried rice last night on the blackstone.

You can get blackstones for cheap sometimes on FB people buy them and don't use them like they thought etc.

/ All Things BBQ #38  
1670369812082.png

This is amazing on steaks, burgers, chicken, turkey.

1670369891626.png

I put this Blackened rub on baked potatoes, eggs of every kind, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and on some meat. It is considered a rub. Both of these are a little pricey but they last a long time.

/ All Things BBQ #40  
One of the best places I have found to learn about new recipes and spices is on All Things BBQ website. atggq.com
They make the best smokers - and offset smokers made of plate steel with lifetime guarantee. But they have stopped making the Cheyenne smoker which was their smallest offset. And now their prices are VERY high.

I don't think I can count the number of Charbroil, Weber, or other sheet metal smokers and grills I have had to throw away after everything inside them rusted. After I bought the Yoder Cheyenne (used for $800), I have not bought another. It will be the last one I will ever need to buy.

They have videos showing how to smoke their recipes.