Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #872  
Curious if they do dependability studies after a cars has been out only a year or 2. I wanna know 5 to 10 years down the road what it's like

/ Will UAW Strike? #873  
Curious if they do dependability studies after a cars has been out only a year or 2. I wanna know 5 to 10 years down the road what it's like
Check Consumer Reports. Not a fan of their activist side, but they do a good job of research.

You do need to deep dive on ratings. Some of the things that get a lot of weight with them are not super important. The reliability part is great. It is based on actual customer surveys and real data. They also don't take advertising, so less likely to cave to brand pressure.

Every model has individual units that will fail. The broad data shows which models are less likely to have those problems.

/ Will UAW Strike? #874  
Easy solution is to have an EV for mostly local driving and ICE for towing, hauling, or long trips. I still have my F250 diesel.

I wouldn't hesitate driving my Model Y anywhere in the country and stopping every 200-240 miles for 20 minutes would force me go to the restroom more. 🤣

Now my Chevrolet Bolt EV that my daughter is using I would not drive long distances because it takes about 45 minutes to get a enough miles to the next charger, which may or may not be working, because at this point it can't use Tesla Superchargers.
Even easier to have a plug in hybrid. You get full EV for short runs, but are not hobbled by the short range and long charge times (including waiting in line).

/ Will UAW Strike? #875  
IMG_2968.png

/ Will UAW Strike? #877  
I got those satisfaction survey's within the first year I bought my new vehicles (Kubota's included) then never ever got one again.

A lot of good that does eh? At least give it time for me to get them to a dealer for an oil change, LOL

/ Will UAW Strike? #878  
What goes into "Customer Satisfaction"? Does the dealer having free coffee and warm cookies like my MB dealer had score bonus points?

What would be useful is Repari/Maintenance Costs in 5 years and 10 years.

Taking in a vehicle for a four $400 repairs sucks but not as much as one $5000 repair. Gentleman on this forum is facing a $7k plus repair on his Tesla after less than 10 years and 75k miles. That has to hurt.

Edited to add....
BTW, my E430 went over 18 years and 300k with less than $6k of repairs/maintenance. Loved the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies while waiting for service. Totaled the car when I hit a doe and fawn at the same time.

Last edited:
   / Will UAW Strike? #879  
View attachment 827627

I would like to know how the above date was gathered and what car manufacturers donate money to JD Powers.

Interesting that "Tesla is not included due to small sample size". Wut?

How can this even be close to true?

Kia is the best? Have you read about all the engine failures Kia has —- to the point they agreed (due to class action lawsuits) to replace (for free) any engine that failed.

My son had a Kia Soul. Engine failed at 85000 miles. Kia replaced for free - but it took 3 weeks to complete. One week later, check engine light comes on and it takes 2 more weeks to get replacement part.

/ Will UAW Strike? #880  
One thing to keep in mind is how are these satisfaction surveys done. For example consumers reports get people that mail them in voluntarily. That may or may not be a real representation. It may get people that hate their vehicle or love their vehicle to respond and might not represent the silent majority,