Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #841  
If he ever gets it, the torque will be unbelievable. All the torque he wants at very low speed/rpms.

I don't plan on buying one, even though I'm probably the perfect target (we have one nice/reliable vehicle for travel and several "beater with a heater" style vehicles for our 20 mile round trip commute every day. With more vehicles than drivers and a short predictable commute an EV might make sense from a usage standpoint. We need enough people to buy them so that they can work out the problems (fiery death, cold weather, more pollution than an ICE, etc).
What's it going to put out 700+ ftlb of torgue? I read the numbers once but forgot. He could definitely pull but at what cost to battery charge to keep said pull going? That's what I want to know. Yeah, if he ever gets it.

/ Will UAW Strike? #843  
The Tesla Supercharging network makes long distance driving extremely easy.
I did see cars charging on my I-5 trek from the SF Bay Area to Olympia and one Tesla with WA plates was pacing me to the Oregon/California border.

/ Will UAW Strike? #844  
...If you have the time to sit around and twiddle your thumbs maybe. Today, people are always in a hurry to get nowhere anyway.

/ Will UAW Strike? #846  
November 21st

/ Will UAW Strike? #847  
The Tesla Supercharging network makes long distance driving extremely easy.

Perhaps you are correct. I hope you are correct.

I drive from St Louis to Tampa —- roughly 1000 miles. 5-6 times/year. It’s easy in a gas car - stop for gas/coffee every 300 miles. Interstate all the way.

I can make the trip in 16 hours.

How long would you think it would take in a Tesla? Would I have to spend the night along the way?

/ Will UAW Strike? #848  
And yet, Tesla owners seem very happy with their cars.

1697670437365.png

/ Will UAW Strike? #849  
How long would you think it would take in a Tesla? Would I have to spend the night along the way?
2 years ago in the winter, my BIL found out. What usually takes him 3.5 hours to get here to the farm from his house in New Lennox, Illinois, took him 6 hours because he had to stop and charge up his Tesla X (I think it's an X, not sure however).

Back then the choices for charging were slim at best so he went to a Supercharger but because it was cold out (we do live in the north), it took substantially longer to charge it up and he was running the cabin heater (more battery drain). When he finally got here, he was running on electric fumes..lol, so I had to plug him into the 220 shop power to charge it up so he could go back home in a few days. Not for me when I can fill my car (ICE) in less than a minute and travel around 400 miles before I need to pull into a filling station and fill it up again. I will admit it is a nice car and I've driven it but to own one, never.

If Musk gave me one, I'd refuse it.

Like I've said in previous comments, I'd consider a plug in hybrid but a pure electric ain't happening here and I don't care how expensive gas gets either. Heck, my wife just bought an off lease Chevy Suburban LTZ with a big V8 under the hood and it's a gas sucker but she feels comfortable in it and candidly so do I. Besides I like riding rather than driving anyway.

/ Will UAW Strike? #850