Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #381  
We are a Fords family sort of but not quite. My BIL is a very high ranking exec at Fords and I drive a Ford car and pickup but my wife has a Suburban.

Having said that, I'm not about to buy a new Ford, just way too overpriced, besides a vehicle is a bad investment anyway. I avoid anything that depreciates no exceptions.

Finally (think I've said it before), we only buy off lease vehicles with clear records and other than farm related stuff (which is a tax write off, we don't finance anything.

Like the old saying goes... There is no romance in the finance

/ Will UAW Strike? #382  
I've never bought new. Don't plan on it. Would love to but can't afford and not paying the interest .

The 2008 f350 we just got, paid cash for. I'm tapped out but worth it.

If I can't pay cash for it, I don't need it

Bro sent me a pick of the new traverse zr1,thing is nice but for 60K, no thanks
17424.jpg

/ Will UAW Strike? #383  
Looks to me like an expensive date and one that depreciates as well. I'll pass. Candidly, I do prefer GM's over Fords simply because I do 99% of the work myself and Fords, in general are hard to work on, whereas GM's aren't. I can literally sit on the Suburban's fender and dangle my feet in the engine bay. On a Ford, you cannot even see the ground under the engine bay.

/ Will UAW Strike? #384  
I doubt it's a new suburban you can dangle your legs in. I don't work on chevies too much anymore but if it's newer, your exaggerating. Nothing in the last couple decades you can do that with

/ Will UAW Strike? #386  
Will there be a mandatory back to work order?
EV production will decimate the ranks of the UAW, and the administration is pushing it hard. This is a very interesting position for both sides to find themselves in. I seriously don’t see EV sales popping due to issues with ICE production. The economy is slowing, the big 3 have plenty of stock, this is great timing for management, and not so much for the workers being crushed by Bidenomics.

/ Will UAW Strike? #387  
I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to force the oems to accept Fains deal. Laws don't really matter.

/ Will UAW Strike? #388  
Eventually the big 3 are gonna get rid of the unions. Other big companies have done it. It will be a court battle but it's business

/ Will UAW Strike? #389  
Some of the case law involved would have valid reasons to be overturned. Happened during FDR and his unlawful/unethical effort to pack the court. Justices were pressured to support the Parish decision which was a key cog in this mess (although it directly dealt with minimum wage).

/ Will UAW Strike? #390  
"That's not good for our kids or national security in my view."
Oh My!