Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #181  
Those CEOs could work for free and we could give all the union employees $0.03/hr raise (guesstimate)

Always comical to me when the C suite
salaries are called into question as the ‘problem’ and reason for ‘under paid’ working class.

Those are your words. I never suggested anything like that.

/ Will UAW Strike? #182  
Those are your words. I never suggested anything like that.

Wasn’t calling you out individually or indicating that’s what you were saying.

But it is commonly said… or common inference when discussing C suite in large organizations.

/ Will UAW Strike? #184  
How much does the UAW boss make? How does that compare to the rank and file...especially when you add in the UAW 'staff...attorneys, accountants, assistant 'bosses'. To me the whole concept makes no sense in the modern world. They are literally complaining about pay, but give a chunk away with every check to pay the salary of people who are not subject to the same risks. CEOs get paid a lot because the skill set is more rare and the risk of being fired is greater.

/ Will UAW Strike? #185  
Heard today, the trucking union won't ship any vehicles to show solidarity. Don't know if that's true or not.

/ Will UAW Strike? #186  
Really happy now that I don't need any more new vehicles in my lifetime. I hate to see what the prices are going to do now.

/ Will UAW Strike? #187  
If this strike goes on for a while, I'm waiting for Elon to announce a price decrease just to stick it in the eye of The Big 3.
Or maybe make an offer to buy???

Tesla got the GM/Toyota plant in California at an opportune time as GM/Toyota said the California location was too costly…

/ Will UAW Strike? #188  
The UAW builds more than just automobiles. They have over 600 local unions in north america with more than 400,000 active and nearly 600,000 retired members. They all pay union dues every month to cover expenses.

The CEO's at the big 3 are scratching out a bloated wage;

Barra at GM, $29 million
Farley at Ford, $21 million
Tavares at Stellantis, $24 million
Where is Lee Iacocca working for $1 plus stock options?

/ Will UAW Strike? #189  
Probably correct.

Ford 57,000 UAW

Ford CEO $21,000,000 / 57,000 / 2080 = $0.18/hr/employee.

Same point I suppose.
Even if they work 80 hours a week...that would come to $5050 per hour.

/ Will UAW Strike? #190  
Those CEOs could work for free and we could give all the union employees $0.03/hr raise (guesstimate)

Always comical to me when the C suite salaries are called into question as the ‘problem’ and reason for ‘under paid’ working class.
One top CEO said the real money is in being able to hit a baseball or shoot a basket…

Last edited: