Who owns a triple 7k axle equipped trailer?

/ Who owns a triple 7k axle equipped trailer? #31  
Are you completely happy with the PJ?
I hear of shortcomings (paint, some shortcuts on welds)
Thanks for sharing.
I hear the same for almost every brand except Diamond C and Gator Made in my researching.

Makes me wonder if many trailer company's ramped up capacity with unskilled or no pride employee's just to push out more units to capitalize on the high prices...

/ Who owns a triple 7k axle equipped trailer? #32  
Are you completely happy with the PJ?
I hear of shortcomings (paint, some shortcuts on welds)
Thanks for sharing.

About 95% lol, there are always a few cons. Mine is the DE model, pre DER like you posted. The difference is the horizontal side stiffener. Mine is a weld on piece, the DER is built into the sides as a one piece. Mine has cracked by the welds, I will post a picture. Also, I don't like the jacks welded on inside of the tool box, the Load Trail is way better, with bolt on.

In years past PJ had some bad powder coat, I have seen them. I think they have since improved on that. Also, be sure it is primed. PJ's plant in Ohio does not offer primer, only Texas. No clue why this is. Mine is primed, it was an option, and ordered out of Texas.

I think this would make a fine dump trailer. I had a '17 model 7'x16'x2' in a 14k scissors. Good trailer, but too light for my use. I sold it and bought a Lamar 16k, 7'x16'x3'.

https://fayettetrailersales.com/view-detail-page/?stocknumber=LTD188X24

0525211650.jpg

/ Who owns a triple 7k axle equipped trailer?
What would be your choice between the 2 I have narrowed it down to in the pictures? Lamar triple or PJ tandem?

I made an error on previous post. Its not a Load Trail, its a Lamar. Here is a similar Lamar.

1648049403833.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Who owns a triple 7k axle equipped trailer? #34  
Check out Great Northern Trailer Works. Oregon based but you need a road trip!

/ Who owns a triple 7k axle equipped trailer? #35  
What I don't like about my Lamar is the lift is too far back, that makes it weak. The PJ has the lift about 2 feet farther forward. It will always dump, not so with the Lamar. I also had an issue with the bottom mount for the lift, it was weak also. I think they have fixed that. Those are the only issues I can think of, it is a good trailer in spite of that. Between the two you posted I would go with the PJ, only because of the tri axle 7's. I really like the looks of the Load Trail I posted. Picture of the bottom mount. They paid me to fix it. Also some cracks on the front of the bed, both sides.

0621180526.jpg
0325201015a.jpg
0322201135.jpg

/ Who owns a triple 7k axle equipped trailer? #36  
If the Lamar still has the lift centered in the bed, I would not buy another one. It needs to be where the PJ is. Here is my fix and a picture of the PJ mount, very similar. The Lamar is 3/16"x3.5", the PJ is 3/16" x 4" with a 4" channel back up.

PJ mount, first picture and the repair on the Lamar, top and bottom.

0415200808.jpg
0713181135.jpg
0713181135a.jpg

Not super crazy about either trailer. Would prefer a 25,000lb dual tandem, but all of them have 4’ sides and thinner gauge metal.
This is what I want but cant find

1648060498692.jpeg

/ Who owns a triple 7k axle equipped trailer? #38  
Good for you.

About 95% lol, there are always a few cons. Mine is the DE model, pre DER like you posted. The difference is the horizontal side stiffener. Mine is a weld on piece, the DER is built into the sides as a one piece. Mine has cracked by the welds, I will post a picture. Also, I don't like the jacks welded on inside of the tool box, the Load Trail is way better, with bolt on.

In years past PJ had some bad powder coat, I have seen them. I think they have since improved on that. Also, be sure it is primed. PJ's plant in Ohio does not offer primer, only Texas. No clue why this is. Mine is primed, it was an option, and ordered out of Texas.

I think this would make a fine dump trailer. I had a '17 model 7'x16'x2' in a 14k scissors. Good trailer, but too light for my use. I sold it and bought a Lamar 16k, 7'x16'x3'.

https://fayettetrailersales.com/view-detail-page/?stocknumber=LTD188X24

View attachment 738660

Looks like the PJ has had a few minor improvements, but dealer informs me all his trailers are “prepped and powder coated” (no primer).
It looks like one of the ways the dealers cut corners is no primer and lower ply tires.
The PJ would probably be satisfactory, but I know it’ll leave me feeling like I shouse have gone with a dual tandem.
Now that I have a trailer with 16k oil bath axles and 17.5” dual tandems, you dont want to go back to “lighter duty” running rear.
12ks would be fine with 17.5” rubber, but nobody’s got anything in stock and 3 months minimum to build.

/ Who owns a triple 7k axle equipped trailer? #40  
Looks like the PJ has had a few minor improvements, but dealer informs me all his trailers are “prepped and powder coated” (no primer).
It looks like one of the ways the dealers cut corners is no primer and lower ply tires.
The PJ would probably be satisfactory, but I know it’ll leave me feeling like I shouse have gone with a dual tandem.
Now that I have a trailer with 16k oil bath axles and 17.5” dual tandems, you dont want to go back to “lighter duty” running rear.
12ks would be fine with 17.5” rubber, but nobody’s got anything in stock and 3 months minimum to build.
I don't know if this place can build what you want or not and may be too far to drive but might give them a call and see.
A friend of mine recently just bought one of their GN dump trailers and so far really likes it.