Who owns a triple 7k axle equipped trailer?

/ Who owns a triple 7k axle equipped trailer? #11  
I went by the mobile home lot today, they have a double wide with 8 axles:unsure:

/ Who owns a triple 7k axle equipped trailer? #12  
I went by the mobile home lot today, they have a double wide with 8 axles:unsure:

A mobile home is too flimsy to throw a set of truck tandems under. They need a bunch of axels for support. Also they’re only made for one trip at slow speed so the tire lifespan isn’t a concern.

/ Who owns a triple 7k axle equipped trailer? #13  
IMG_0113.JPG
IMG_0123.JPG
IMG_0120.JPG

Nuff said.

About 1am at a Loves truck stop, noticed while fueling up. On the road for about 20hrs at this point. I wasn’t happy.

Cool the Loves guys let us use their tools and bay though!!

/ Who owns a triple 7k axle equipped trailer? #14  
Nuff said? I want to hear what happened!!
David from jax

/ Who owns a triple 7k axle equipped trailer? #15  
I had a belshe equipment trailer with triple 7s. It worked ok but I much prefer a dual tandem.

/ Who owns a triple 7k axle equipped trailer? #16  
I have a trailer that started out life as a 45 foot fifth wheel boat trailer that the neck got twisted in an accident. We cut it to make a 20 foot flatbed, with the rear 12.5 feet being a dump trailer. It is a triple axle trailer using drop axles and although it does slide the tires around a little, it does fine for what it is. I pulled it .3 miles up to the Church (about 200 times) and brought back a pile of dirt with it. Everything did as expected, but their were no hard turns on the route and it was low speed. I wouldn't hesitate to own another because it will haul more than a twin axle trailer and doesn't have the upfront cost of the more expensive tandom axle setups.
David from jax

/ Who owns a triple 7k axle equipped trailer?
I had a belshe equipment trailer with triple 7s. It worked ok but I much prefer a dual tandem.
Better flotation from 8 tires in dual tandem pattern than 6 in 2 straight lines

/ Who owns a triple 7k axle equipped trailer? #18  
Also if you have a blowout on a dual tandem you can just limp to the tire shop but if you have a blowout with triple singles you are going to be changing a tire before you go anywhere or else you’re going to ruin a rim

/ Who owns a triple 7k axle equipped trailer? #19  
These trailers seem to get a bad rap for the front axle getting tore up on tight turns. Seems plausible if not handled correctly (turned too sharply, especially loaded).
Anyone own one? Any who does own one have issues with front axle?
If equipped with 14ply tires, any additional reasons to avoid triple 7’s?
Are you hauling hay? Reason I ask is, my buddy hauls hay with a goose neck currently. He loads up to 17 round bales at a time and hauls them usually within 30 miles or less. Before the price of diesel went through the roof, he was considering one of the new type trailers that haul only about 10 bales, but when you get to where your delivering, you just pull a lever and they all roll off the side and you don't have to wait for someone to unload.

/ Who owns a triple 7k axle equipped trailer? #20  
Also if you have a blowout on a dual tandem you can just limp to the tire shop but if you have a blowout with triple singles you are going to be changing a tire before you go anywhere or else you’re going to ruin a rim
OR you just chain it up and limp it to a tire shop.

SR