What's it worth?

/ What's it worth?
Congratulations - she's a beauty. Oh-or is it a boy? :love::LOL::cool:

FWIW (forwhatitsworth) I'll me mowing this year with the HST Kubota. One clear advantage of this machine is the engine rpm sets the PTO speed and the go pedal or cruise control sets the ground speed. This consistent mower rpm will make a better cut.
It told me it's non-binary and the preferred pronoun is it. :ROFLMAO:

Okay, here's a couple more pics from home. It's a nasty day here, so they aren't much.

PXL_20230130_222154494.jpg

PXL_20230130_222213157.jpg

/ What's it worth?
If you thought it was worth it, I'd say you came out ok.

Well, not having a tier 4 machine to deal with is worth it in my book. I know that there are folks on this forum that are okay with them, but I've had two, and I'm not impressed. I've made my living in technology the past 38 years, and I just don't understand why anyone thinks that every device that we use in our daily life has to be connected, controlled, or enabled with the latest technology. Can you tell that I'm a bit cynical about my chosen profession?

/ What's it worth? #24  
Well, not having a tier 4 machine to deal with is worth it in my book. I know that there are folks on this forum that are okay with them, but I've had two, and I'm not impressed. I've made my living in technology the past 38 years, and I just don't understand why anyone thinks that every device that we use in our daily life has to be connected, controlled, or enabled with the latest technology. Can you tell that I'm a bit cynical about my chosen profession?
I was a mechanic for 30 years and I feel the same way. It's a recipe for disaster and there's gonna be a lot of folks with regret in the coming years.

/ What's it worth? #27  
We agree with you. We are not letting go of our 2005 MissyFerg. No electronics on her. And this is coming from guys who do diagnostic tools for VW/Audi brand cars.

When we are working the land in VA, we do not want to be let down by electronic failures. We need something we can fix when we are 2 miles from the barn. Its a long walk - up hill both ways ;)- back to the barn to collect the stuff to gitt' er fixed...

I'm an electrical/electronics engineer having spent most of my career in machine controls. Nope, do not want all this stuff on a tractor. If we buy another, I'd like to see us go with an older machine if we can find one in good condition. 200+ acres, we could use a bit bigger machine for some things.

While we understand all the electronic controls, our cynicism keeps us wanting simple. Our opinion might change if we could have a diagnostic tool to help us but without being able to buy said tools, we want no parts of the electronic controls. And before others ask, no, we ain't got the time to reverse engineer what tractor OEMs are doing with diagnostics at our 65+ ages. Its a bloody nightmare to figure out for VW/Audi and our team spends a lot of effort to give DIY repairers help. In the tractor world, there is not enough info to get started. We are all stuck waiting for the OEs to do something right for us - providing a tool we can afford to use to work on our smaller tractors. The guys who run the monster tractors, they likely have the ability to buy a factory tool - they can justify it. The rest of us - not likely.

/ What's it worth? #28  
Congrats on the new (to you) tractor! Looks awesome! Nice find!!

/ What's it worth? #29  
Never sell that tractor since you'll likely never find another and you bought one of the best Kubota ever made. On price, I've seen M7040's with lots more hours and less conditions auction for over $42,000 over this winter. You did just fine.

Grease the upper tower mount loader pins frequently since those seem to wear and gunk up the most. I've seen it on two similar tractors that I took the pins out to look. Grease doesn't seem to encircle those pins very well for some reason.

What a great tractor so remember more pics as things warm up.

/ What's it worth?
Never sell that tractor since you'll likely never find another and you bought one of the best Kubota ever made. On price, I've seen M7040's with lots more hours and less conditions auction for over $42,000 over this winter. You did just fine.

Grease the upper tower mount loader pins frequently since those seem to wear and gunk up the most. I've seen it on two similar tractors that I took the pins out to look. Grease doesn't seem to encircle those pins very well for some reason.

What a great tractor so remember more pics as things warm up.

Thanks for the tips sixdogs. So far, I’m quite happy with my purchase. It’s small enough to be nimble in the garden, and big enough to handle the remaining projects around the property - at least the ones I know about for now. ;)