What water bottle do you have?

/ What water bottle do you have? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
I'm trying to buy a water bottle to use because I need to drink more water but am baffled by the huge number of brands, shapes and capacities. Someone said buy a Yeti but there are dozens of those. I looked at some 40 ouncers at Costco but it's the size of a thermos and won't fit in my cupholder.

We're just typical retired rural people. What do you have for a water bottle or what do you suggest?

/ What water bottle do you have? #2  
My tractor has two cup holders. I usually put a 20oz water bottle made for cycling in one. I have a stash of those bottles from when I was doing a lot of riding.

The important thing is to have a bottle that fits the cup holder and won't go flying out when you hit a bump. Some of the insulated models with straws that I see in the store are top heavy.

The stainless steel vacuum insulated ones with built in straws are nice. They can keep water cold or ice frozen for much longer than the bicycle water bottles. Arguably the stainless is less bad for you than plastic but the straw is still plastic so it might not make much difference.

Whatever you do get one that has a drinking nozzle that has a cap or is easily cleaned off, so you can wipe the dust and dirt off before taking a drink.

/ What water bottle do you have? #3  
Find a Contigo brand one. They are not quite as stupid overpriced as the Yeti ones, but they are still expensive. In my experience they usually don't leak.
I buy mine secondhand from the local goodwill for $2-3 each

/ What water bottle do you have? #4  
If I'm going to be away from a water supply, I take one of these 52 oz insulated mugs from QT full of ice, water and Gatorade mix (will not fit in the cupholder, of course}. If it's not to hot, I just have a Yeti stainless insulated in the cup holder with water and ice.
s-l400.jpg

I don't actually use a water bottle on the tractor, but on the bike I like the 24 oz Polar bottles.
61782300404.jpg

Last edited:
   / What water bottle do you have? #5  
In the house I keep a large wide mouth Nalgene bottle in the fridge. Away from the house I use a Yeti that was a door prize gift. I doubt i would by another one as the bottom of the cup keeps trying to separate. I think project Farm did a video on tumblers.

/ What water bottle do you have? #7  
I have contiguous, yeti and artic(Walmart). Contiguous and yeti were gifts. As 5030 said most brands are interchangeable

/ What water bottle do you have? #8  
I just use a plain water bottle with a flip cap on the tractor or when I'm working clearing brush, but I keep a large Igloo water container at the truck to refill the water bottle during the day. When the bottle falls off the tractor, it's not such a big deal to replace it.

Around the house, we have some insulated tumblers from the dollar store that were $5.00. I can't tell any difference in them from the name brands.

/ What water bottle do you have?
I just watched the Project Farm video on water bottles and it was very good. One thing that was not addressed was ounces capacity of bottle that is best for most people. I find the 40 oz Thermos bottles from Costco as too big and not likely to fit in my cup holder.

Any idea of a popular volume size and do you take in your vehicle frequently?

/ What water bottle do you have? #10  
Wife bought these for the kids, said they had good reviews. Don't how well the kids like them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240421-164146.png
    Screenshot_20240421-164146.png
    370.3 KB · Views: 34