What is it? Mule?Pics

/ What is it? Mule?Pics #1  

YesDeere

Veteran Member
Tractor
04/4310
So what is the correct name for these cultivaters? My old friend fixed the red one for me and my garden,and the orange one he did foer another good friend. He's old school N.C. farmer. He calls them mules. I've also heard them called power wheels. Just wondering if anybody knows anything about them. Also the way I understand it is they only made them for two years.

Attachments

• IMG_0882.jpg
    IMG_0882.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 2,440
  • IMG_0886.jpg
    IMG_0886.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 2,753
   / What is it? Mule?Pics #2  
Wow - looks like a minimalist's interpretation of a David Bradley walk behind. They're really kind of elegant in their lack of anything that isn't absolutely required for the whole thing to work. Any idea who made them?

-Jim

/ What is it? Mule?Pics
Not a clue. They've been stripped and painted, no info. They work really well though!

/ What is it? Mule?Pics #4  
maxim plow hoss I found their website by chance and they appear to still be in bussiness

/ What is it? Mule?Pics #5  
It must be fun trying to balance that thing!?

/ What is it? Mule?Pics #6  
It balances just fine, you just have to get used to it. My dad had one twenty years ago, and we used it for our whole garden. Ours had an offset plow that was adjustable sideways. That way you ran the Plow Hoss in the last row that you made to keep them equal distance apart.

/ What is it? Mule?Pics
Washita!!!! thanks for the help!!!!! neded parts and got em!!

/ What is it? Mule?Pics #8  
good company to work with? thought about looking at one in person but not sold locally (curious only)

/ What is it? Mule?Pics
I called and spke to them, and yes they still had parts and were in stock. But I looked on their website and found a local dealer. Sent my old buddy there to get parts.They didn't even know they were a dealer. Anyway they got the parts and all is good. FYI they are out of Ms.

/ What is it? Mule?Pics #10  
Dang, I just went to Atlanta to buy one that is wore out because I could not find them on line. My family had one years ago and it came in handy when using a cultivator sweep to plow the garden.