What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,311  
Cleaned the radiator screen... Sorta wish it pulled from the side like others. You have to remove the air intake tube above it and the radiator overflow hose that is routed over it... Blew the whole thing off with a blower too, as it was a little dusty tilling the new field one last time last night. Seeding today.
Total tractor time 13 hours. A guy wanted to charge me $800 to till an acre... I've had to work it 4x to get a nice seedbed... And I'll have to till the crop in this fall. So, I just saved $4000... Minus $45 in fuel.

IMG20230530093825~2.jpg
IMG20230530100800~2.jpg
IMG20230530090806~2.jpg

Last edited:
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #1,313  
Used mine yesterday to clean out the bottom of my riding mower deck.

I hate doing it, but at least sitting on the forks, I can get to it.

View attachment 804319
I usually flip mine over on the ground to get at it but it's messier, this looks better. Besides, less likely to smash one of the spindle zerks...

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,314  
I decided to upgrade the sound system to something a lot better than the useless one that came in the tractor. I had to modify the mount to get the receiver installed. Then I had to modify the old faceplate because the one that came with the new radio did not cover the screws.

The speakers were no issues other than the covers do not cover the Blind nuts completely but does not look too bad.

I mounted the microphone for the hands free calling in the center by the front window. Used double sided tape so no drilling needed.

Removing the roof was a lot easier with the way the light bar is mounted now. It can stay bolted up now.

It sounds really good now and the hands free calling works great. Could not use it at all before. The person on the other end could not hear anything but noise. Now they can hear me no problem and can’t hear the tractor running at PTO speed at all.

Kenwood KMM-X705 Stereo
Kicker CSC4 speakers

IMG_1693.jpeg

IMG_1692.jpeg

IMG_1694.jpeg

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,315  
I decided to upgrade the sound system to something a lot better than the useless one that came in the tractor. I had to modify the mount to get the receiver installed. Then I had to modify the old faceplate because the one that came with the new radio did not cover the screws.

The speakers were no issues other than the covers do not cover the Blind nuts completely but does not look too bad.

I mounted the microphone for the hands free calling in the center by the front window. Used double sided tape so no drilling needed.

Removing the roof was a lot easier with the way the light bar is mounted now. It can stay bolted up now.

It sounds really good now and the hands free calling works great. Could not use it at all before. The person on the other end could not hear anything but noise. Now they can hear me no problem and can’t hear the tractor running at PTO speed at all.

Kenwood KMM-X705 Stereo
Kicker CSC4 speakers

View attachment 805180

View attachment 805181

View attachment 805182
Here I thought you were upgrading the engine until I realized you have a cab with a stereo

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,316  
I too hate the OEM radio and speaks that come with mine... Terrible sound! Oh wait! I have no cab! :LOL:

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,317  
I too hate the OEM radio and speaks that come with mine... Terrible sound! Oh wait! I have no cab! :LOL:
The sad thing is I don’t even listen to the stereo in my truck. I really only needed the hands free phone because I always get work calls and don’t like having to stop to talk to them. But I decided to make it as good as I could because my boys will listen to it when I am gone.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,318  
I did a bit of mowing with the rotary. There's not much chaff as there is still a lot of moisture but there are a lot of dandelion seeds floating around. Barely needed to blow the radiator screen but the keffiyeh is still useful in keeping dust, seeds and bugs off my face.
signal-2023-06-10-11-43-01-089.jpg

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,319  
I did a bit of mowing with the rotary. There's not much chaff as there is still a lot of moisture but there are a lot of dandelion seeds floating around. Barely needed to blow the radiator screen but the keffiyeh is still useful in keeping dust, seeds and bugs off my face.View attachment 805257

Very smart! I've got one tucked away in storage; I never did learn how to wear it properly.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,320  
I did a bit of mowing with the rotary. There's not much chaff as there is still a lot of moisture but there are a lot of dandelion seeds floating around. Barely needed to blow the radiator screen but the keffiyeh is still useful in keeping dust, seeds and bugs off my face.

I did a lot of mowing this year with a 3m respirator on my face. With all the rain there was a lot of pollen and it was really triggering my allergies. The respirator is not as comfortable as not wearing it, but it's better than sneezing for the rest of the day.

I did some mowing with the rotary today as well, of a thick infestation of french broom near some utility poles I managed to find a telephone wire that a lineman discarded. It wasn't too hard to unwrap from the mower.