What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,291  
it was @ptsg

I'm just living with mine. The 3pt lever is too short but after adjusting the tension on it, it's easier to work with.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,292  
Did some brush mowing today and also hauled a massive load of red potatoes we planted early this year. At least 10 tons, easily! 🤣

IMG_20230524_165839_2.jpg
IMG_20230524_180352.jpg

I did remember Ning's post and even took a picture of my setup. Yes, I'm the one who extended the 3 pt lever. Great mod by the way.

The remote lever does interfere with the 3 pt lever if I have the 3 pt lever all the way back and I happen to move the remote lever forward, mainly because of the extension. Interestingly enough, I have yet to get into a situation where this interference happens.

I would imagine the layout is more or less similar between the F/15 series and the 20 Series.

IMG_20230524_153238.jpg

Last edited:
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #1,293  
The remote lever does interfere with the 3 pt lever if I have the 3 pt lever all the way back and I happen to move the remote lever forward, mainly because of the extension. Interestingly enough, I have yet to get into a situation where this interference happens.
it happens to me regularly when using my auger, as I'm often modifying the "tilt" of the auger when it's up all the way (3ph lever back - most interference).
I can probably avoid this by using the other remote valve instead which isn't bothered by the 3ph lever...

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,294  
it happens to me regularly when using my auger, as I'm often modifying the "tilt" of the auger when it's up all the way (3ph lever back - most interference).
I can probably avoid this by using the other remote valve instead which isn't bothered by the 3ph lever...
Yeah, I can definitely see how that would happen with an auger.

Either running of the other remote or a slight bend on one of the lever could do the trick too.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,295  

I mess with the top link with the 3pt all the way up every time I use the tractor. My barn has a short ramp at the exit and I need to raise and tilt the implements up to clear the floor.

I have probably not noticed them interfering because I have the inner lever attached to the tilt cylinder and the outer to the top cylinder, and I don't mess with the tilt cylinder as much. The dealer set it up this way and I've not seen a reason to change it. Maybe they knew about the interference and did that on purpose?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,296  
I mess with the top link with the 3pt all the way up every time I use the tractor. My barn has a short ramp at the exit and I need to raise and tilt the implements up to clear the floor.

I have probably not noticed them interfering because I have the inner lever attached to the tilt cylinder and the outer to the top cylinder, and I don't mess with the tilt cylinder as much. The dealer set it up this way and I've not seen a reason to change it. Maybe they knew about the interference and did that on purpose?
I should probably be more consistent with the way I hook up the t&t connections. I swap with the backhoe a lot and haven't gotten a routine down, but I will next time ;)

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,297  
I should probably be more consistent with the way I hook up the t&t connections. I swap with the backhoe a lot and haven't gotten a routine down, but I will next time ;)
Get some colored zip ties and put them on the remotes and on the hoses for the implements. This will make it easier to find the "right" spot every time.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,298  
Get some colored zip ties and put them on the remotes and on the hoses for the implements. This will make it easier to find the "right" spot every time.
I used colored electrical tape and wrapped a band of tape across the end of each hose coupling. But I already had the tape.

On my cabbed 25 series ( I think the newer 20's, post-2017 also), the 3 pt lever is down low, and the rear remote levers are up on top of the wheel well.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,299  
Well the Branson did about 3-4 hours today hauling of a spoils pile from an excavator I rented.
Also mounted my 3 point forks in case I needed them for moving the mafia blocks and managed to mangle
my rear window hinges. Caught the back window with the fork lift mast and shoved it about and inch out of alignment.
So tomarrow I guess I'll be ordering a couple of hinges, just glad I got lucky and it's not a window I'm ordering.
Rented a mini excavator that got delivered yesterday afternoon A Kubota KX080-4.
Did a bit of digging and then leveled with some gravel and set 7 and 1/2 mafia blocks for a retaining wall to replace an old railroad tie one that had disintegrated over the years. Nice machine great hydraulics and nice controls rental outfit wasn't sure if she would be big enough for those 3600 pound concrete blocks but she handled them fine. We did go nice and slow and easy. Been a long time since I spent a solid 6 hours on an excavtor or backhoe plus another 3-4 hours on the tractor hauling the spoils pile away.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,300  
Oh man Lou I am glad you got away with just needing the hinges. When I use my 3pt fertilizer spreader I have the back window open so O can work the gate lever. Every time I keep telling myself do Not touch the 3pt lift. I know one day it likely will happen but I try my best. I have thought about modifying it with a small cylinder and just use the rear remotes but I don’t need it often so that project is on the back burner for sure.