What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,331  
Very smart! I've got one tucked away in storage; I never did learn how to wear it properly.
This is just a (about) 5' square bit of an old white cotton sheet. I mostly wear it on top of my head; the brow roll keeps enough of the sun off of my face that I can get away without sunscreen, and soaks up a disturbing amount of sweat that my head actually stays cool if I'm working outside in 90-95F sun (it's always dry here when it's that hot, like 10-15% humidity) and having the back of the keffiyeh covering my neck and shoulders also helps. I pretty much wore it every day the last few summers to it's second nature to put it on at this point, but not something you can pick up just doing once in a blue moon!

I didn't wear it at all the past 6 months, I bought a pack of 12 really thin bandannas (about a buck each) which serve me just fine when it's cooler to keep crud off of my head and sweat out of my eyes and can also have a trimmer/chainsaw/grinding/welding helmet dropped on top - big drawback of the keffiyeh is its much higher volume means it's pretty much an only-this headwear, but having the built-in coarse filter is great for mowing, dirt work and burn piles.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,332  
Decided to mow a really grown up area of my place. First mowing this year for this area. Really thick and about 4’ tall. Using low 1st at PTO speed and it would bog down to the point I would have to raise the flail mower to keep it from killing the tractor. I decided to give it all she’s got going full throttle on it. Low and behold no more bogging down. A couple hundred RPMs really made a big difference. All laid down in one pass.

No before picture but it is amazing how well the flail cut this mess. Did not trim close because I was trying to beat the rain. Something for another day. :ROFLMAO:

IMG_1731.jpeg

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,333  
My daughter’s boyfriend like to garden in our garden and he has really turned it into something nice. My wife & I don’t garden so we were happy to let him do it despite the fact that he’s only 20 years old. Just recently, my daughter mentioned that he was going to ask me if he could cut down some 40ft pine & fir trees at the edge of the garden that was blocking some morning light to the garden. Knowing that he’s a hard worker as a DNR wildland firefighter, he’s been putting long hours so I simply took the initiative by taking them out, 6 total. Didn’t break a sweat, thanks to my tree puller so that’s what I did yesterday.

Meanwhile, I noticed that my seat is starting to crack and will need to be replaced. If I may, what should I replace it with? It’s a suspension type if it matters.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,334  
My daughter’s boyfriend like to garden in our garden and he has really turned it into something nice. My wife & I don’t garden so we were happy to let him do it despite the fact that he’s only 20 years old. Just recently, my daughter mentioned that he was going to ask me if he could cut down some 40ft pine & fir trees at the edge of the garden that was blocking some morning light to the garden. Knowing that he’s a hard worker as a DNR wildland firefighter, he’s been putting long hours so I simply took the initiative by taking them out, 6 total. Didn’t break a sweat, thanks to my tree puller so that’s what I did yesterday.

Meanwhile, I noticed that my seat is starting to crack and will need to be replaced. If I may, what should I replace it with? It’s a suspension type if it matters.

Consider a good seat cover?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,335  
thanks to my tree puller so that’s what I did yesterday.

What is this tree puller that you used?

Also, curious - how old is your tractor with the cracking seat, and how has it been kept?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,336  

He sounds like a keeper!

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,337  
Yesterday I was greasing the tractor and went looking for zerks that I didn't know about. I have a 2515H. Besides the loader, I found the zerks at the middle of the front axle and the one on the right 3-point arm. The manual says the brake pedal should have a zerk. I did not find one. What am I missing? I don't want to leave any un-greased. The manual is not much help.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,338  
Yesterday I was greasing the tractor and went looking for zerks that I didn't know about. I have a 2515H. Besides the loader, I found the zerks at the middle of the front axle and the one on the right 3-point arm. The manual says the brake pedal should have a zerk. I did not find one. What am I missing? I don't want to leave any un-greased. The manual is not much help.
It seems like production date will make a difference on the those "minor" zerks like brake linkage.
I like to hose down all moving parts like that with Fluid Film...

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,339  
What is this tree puller that you used?

Also, curious - how old is your tractor with the cracking seat, and how has it been kept?

It’s a 2016 Branson 3520h. It spends most of the time outside but it’s inside during the winter. I probably should have covered the seat from the get go to shield it from the sun but that ship sailed so I gotta replace it.

The tree puller is something I built…
IMG_6775.jpg

Last edited:
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #1,340  
It’s a 2016 Branson 3530h. It spends most of the time outside but it’s inside during the winter. I probably should have covered the seat from the get go to shield it from the sun but that ship sailed so I gotta replace it.

The tree puller is something I built… View attachment 807065
I'm impressed if that can pull a 40' pine tree out with a 3520h.
Guessing your soil is a bit looser than what I've got here most of the year.