What do you always carry in your vehicle

/ What do you always carry in your vehicle #41  
Interesting...

/ What do you always carry in your vehicle #42  
I once heard it said, if you're going to carry a baseball bat for protection, do your attorney a favor and throw a baseball glove in there too.

/ What do you always carry in your vehicle #44  
visegrips

A buddy and I were in my old Maverick when the throttle cable broke with about an inch or two hanging out of the firewall. All we had for tools was a pair of needle nosed pliers. I laid on the floor running the throttle while he drove. We made it home, it was about 10 miles. The throttle cable was a dealer part so I drove the Maverick for a week with bailing twine and a stick for a gas pedal.

Another time I unraveled a spring wire keychain and used it as a kotter key to keep the pin from coming out of the clutch pedal on my 71 bronco. It worked so well I sold it that way a year later.

/ What do you always carry in your vehicle #45  
Firearm nowadays. In the late 70’s, it was pot, papers and Stroh’s beer.

/ What do you always carry in your vehicle #46  
I carried three many times. Because I needed three once and only had two.
I had 3 in my Toyota, one mounted on each reinforced bed rail, and the original spare underneath.. One of the Canadians came down one week with a FourRunner, probably before it was called a Fourrunner. He had four ply tires which were fine for the highway but not the gravel roads we were working from. The garage at the camp we were staying would fix it for free but by mid-week he had one of my spares and the mechanic was grumbling about the number of times he's already patched the kid's tires. When he didn't show up one night and their boss was going to go looking for him I said "You may as well grab the spare from the back of my truck."
Sure enough, he'd had another flat. The following week he showed up with 4 brand new tires. 👍

/ What do you always carry in your vehicle #47  
My tool box is full on my truck. Multiple jerk straps with clevises. High lift jack, tire repair kit with compressor. Shovel, jump box and a bunch of other stuff.

Stuff I hope I never have to use but unfortunately I have

/ What do you always carry in your vehicle #48  
Those of you who routinely have a gun in your vehicle: have you ever been in a situation where you were happy you had it? And do you leave in the vehicle when you park somewhere?

Not trying to start any kind of political debate, and I recognize circumstances vary around this huge continent of ours. It's just that in 4+ decades of life in Canada (plus one decade in Chicago), I've never seen a handgun, outside of TV etc., or carried by a law enforcement officer. Long guns, used for hunting (or sometimes animal protection), are commonplace up here, but handguns rare. So I'm genuinely curious if having a handgun in the vehicle is a regularly useful "tool" in your neck of the woods, or a fortunately never-needed just-in-case, like a whole bunch of stuff we all carry in a first-aid kit that we expect to never use but are happy to bring along if we ever did.

/ What do you always carry in your vehicle
I understand your view, however there was a situation in Memphis one late night where if I did not have pistol with me I would have been robbed and possibly killed. I did not have to shoot them but seeing a 357 stuck in the faces was enough. Another time at a rest area outside Fort Worth TX where three illegals tried to follow my wife in the restroom. Once again a 357 stopped that. I pray that I never ever kill somebody but I will protect my family, myself and my home. This world is broken, I live in Little Rock Ar, it is rated #3 in the nation for violent crime and murder.

/ What do you always carry in your vehicle #50  
I understand your view, however there was a situation [...] This world is broken, I live in Little Rock Ar, it is rated #3 in the nation for violent crime and murder.
Thank you for the examples, and my sympathies. For reference, I looked it up just now, and Little Rock AR's homicide rate was apparently about 40 per 100,000 population last year; AR as a whole about 11. In my area, Ontario (as a whole province) was 1.87, and the highest metropolitan area in it (Thunder Bay) clocked in at 5.6 (in 2021). I'm sure my concerns and perspectives would be very different in your situation.