What do you always carry in your vehicle

/ What do you always carry in your vehicle #53  
Easier to list what I don't carry. I keep a suitcase, cold weather gear. Coveralls, gloves, watch cap, thick socks, change of clothes, blankets, in case I find a stranded parent with kids, which I have. Take it out in hot weather. Another case, change of clothes, all PPE gear, welding caps.

Shovel, pick, axe, machete, saw, chain, plywood, cables, serious come along, 12v metal air compressor, plugs for tires. Engine belt and tools to change belt. My last truck took a 15mm end wrench, beat into a certain configuration, I kept that wrench not with my other tools. I had a piece of aluminum, the leg off a broke lawn chair, system worked flawlessly. It would throw the belt now and then, but at 325,000 still ran like a top. Water, stop leak, which in Arkansas it is red pepper and horse turds. Of course all the things to make my flat tire experience as un eventful as possible. Two or three spares at times. Plus I have a lot of tools, but not really for my vehicle. You can't hardly work on these newer vehicles on the road. Maybe an alternator, but I keep that changed. Hose fix kit. I do keep a good radiator. Extra all fluids for vehicle. But I don't really need those because I keep them checked at the shop. But if your pire sturn leaks while off and away, good to have some juice for it.

/ What do you always carry in your vehicle #54  
I keep a Leatherman, Glock trenching tool, gloves, paper towels, rope, blankets, first aid kit, OEM tool kit, flashlights. Bottle for water and a small 12v air compressor.

/ What do you always carry in your vehicle #56  
Those of you who routinely have a gun in your vehicle: have you ever been in a situation where you were happy you had it? And do you leave in the vehicle when you park somewhere?

Not trying to start any kind of political debate, and I recognize circumstances vary around this huge continent of ours. It's just that in 4+ decades of life in Canada (plus one decade in Chicago), I've never seen a handgun, outside of TV etc., or carried by a law enforcement officer. Long guns, used for hunting (or sometimes animal protection), are commonplace up here, but handguns rare. So I'm genuinely curious if having a handgun in the vehicle is a regularly useful "tool" in your neck of the woods, or a fortunately never-needed just-in-case, like a whole bunch of stuff we all carry in a first-aid kit that we expect to never use but are happy to bring along if we ever did.

Besides the regular safety things.

I always carry my M&P 9 when ever I go somewhere, one never knows when you will need it. In a town near us I man walked into a local market carrying his mother’s head and stabbed a worker, he’s physically better but not mentally. That happened in Oregon several years ago.
I have my CC Permit, hopefully I’ll never have to use it! ☮️✌🏻

/ What do you always carry in your vehicle #57  
In the Ram, tow strap + implements, tie down chain, axle straps, ratchet straps, rope, jumper cables, axe, hatchet, bush knife, crowbars, pack shovel, 12v compressor, airline, tire pressure guage, first aid kits, foil survival blankets, multitools, paper towels, large trash bags, plastic sheet, duct tape, scissor jack, lug wrench, hydraulic tongue weight scale, grease, flashlight, window breaker, flares, hand warmers, wheel chocks

Ram-boxes & under floor storage are handy.

Above not including personal EDC.

/ What do you always carry in your vehicle #59  
Those of you who routinely have a gun in your vehicle: have you ever been in a situation where you were happy you had it? And do you leave in the vehicle when you park somewhere?

Not trying to start any kind of political debate, and I recognize circumstances vary around this huge continent of ours. It's just that in 4+ decades of life in Canada (plus one decade in Chicago), I've never seen a handgun, outside of TV etc., or carried by a law enforcement officer. Long guns, used for hunting (or sometimes animal protection), are commonplace up here, but handguns rare. So I'm genuinely curious if having a handgun in the vehicle is a regularly useful "tool" in your neck of the woods, or a fortunately never-needed just-in-case, like a whole bunch of stuff we all carry in a first-aid kit that we expect to never use but are happy to bring along if we ever did.
I have put down wounded deer (car strike) twice, aside from that have not needed it. 90% of the time it stays in the car, I put it on once in a while.

It doesn't take much room, and I am always happy to have it.

Best,

ed

/ What do you always carry in your vehicle #60  
I didn’t read all the responses but beer isn’t the correct answer is it?

Last edited: