Wet brakes

/ Wet brakes #1  

winston1

Tractor
Bobcat CT235
Had a question come up on another Yanmar forum about wet brakes. Knowing there are a lot of curious folks out there I thought I might just post a couple of pictures of an 1802 and 2002 wet brake system.

Attachments

• scan0010.jpg
    scan0010.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 506
  • scan0008.jpg
    scan0008.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 685
  • scan0009.jpg
    scan0009.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 894
   / Wet brakes #2  
While your on the subject, have they ever come up with the boots that go on the rod into the brakes? When I was dealing in Yanmars that was an item that was a deal breaker when selling one of those models. They just were not to be found.

/ Wet brakes
While your on the subject, have they ever come up with the boots that go on the rod into the brakes? When I was dealing in Yanmars that was an item that was a deal breaker when selling one of those models. They just were not to be found.

Here it is, rather expensive and I have been there twice. Yanmar Tractor Parts: BRAKE ROD BOOT_

/ Wet brakes #4  
Out of interest what does the boot do and where does it go? I have a F215 which has wet brakes and therefore I assume it also needs this boot.

/ Wet brakes
Out of interest what does the boot do and where does it go? I have a F215 which has wet brakes and therefore I assume it also needs this boot.

You have to look at all 3 drawings in post #1 to get the whole picture of where the boot goes. Looking at drawing 49 the boot slides over item 49-16. Looking at drawing 48 the boot slides over item 16. Looking at drawing 45 the boot is item 9 and held on by item 6. The entire brake disc area is lubricated with unpressurized hydraulic/transmission fluid. Best brakes I have ever had on a tractor. I have always been fearful of not being able to find parts. Googling part numbers only brings up the boot. I may have to drag a stick on the ground if anything interior gives way. :D

/ Wet brakes #6  
I think moisture was the biggest enemy of the old dry brakes. They seemed to last forever. The wet brakes will probably outlast you if your over 10 years old. :2cents:

/ Wet brakes #7  
My friend just the other day was talking about this and he has a 2620D I was not even aware of wet brakes that are that way on purpose and he swears he has them and they are leaking trany fluid so he is replacing the boot.

Hoye doesn't show his or mine as being that way in the parts list not saying one doesn't fit all I guess they would know.

Now I wonder if mine are the wet type maybe need to get my manual out unless someone knows? tia

/ Wet brakes #8  

Don't worry, the 215 has no rubber booties !!!

/ Wet brakes #9  
Now I wonder if mine are the wet type maybe need to get my manual out unless someone knows? tia

You say your's is like mine. No wet brakes. Just had my brake shoes re lined. $75.00

/ Wet brakes #10  
You say your's is like mine. No wet brakes. Just had my brake shoes re lined. $75.00

Thanks! Yes they are so close sitting side by side especially with the 160 Koykers it would be hard to tell them apart!

I didn't have my tractor here when I posted that so last night when I got home I looked and I then was pretty sure they wernt after that going off Winstons diagrams.

Last edited: