Well Pump issues

/ Well Pump issues #11  
And as stated above, physics only allows a single pipe jet to lift water about 30' at sea level. Doesn't matter who the manufacturer is.

/ Well Pump issues #12  
If it had a shallow well pump before it should be able to handle another. Getting the pump primed again can be a challenge though. I have a dug well and it's 275 feet from the house, with no vertical lift. When I replaced my pump I had to take the foot valve off, then pump water from a bucket backwards up to the spring.

Is it a drilled or dug well?
Don't leave the water lines open, that's one reason it isn't building pressure. Let it build as far as it will go, then crack one faucet until the pressure starts to drop again. It does sound like you have air someplace but unless there's a leak unrelated to the pump failure; either in the line, foot valve or pitless adapter; you should be able to bleed it out.

/ Well Pump issues
Thanks for all of the input, I have a few things to check now. I also am wondering if the foot valve could be bad. I have to ask my son some more questions also.

It is a 110 breaker, I need to check that the pump is switched to 110v. I assumed it was and shouldn't have assumed that.

/ Well Pump issues #15  
His pump can be run either way, but the wires are hooked up differently.
Understood but I was meaning could it have been wired incorrectly either by being supplied one way and powered another.

It is a 110 breaker, I need to check that the pump is switched to 110v. I assumed it was and shouldn't have assumed that.
You know what ass-u-me does :)
1705841966953.png

It comes wired for 220V according to the specs.

/ Well Pump issues #16  
It's the voltage. And it's very lazy starting and never comes up to speed. The starting switch is probably engaging and disengaging. Eventually the thermal overload opens and the pump stops running.
Nothing to do with water levels, single pipe or two pipe. Unless they melted the impeller from running too long without moving water. And, you don't get to take it back under warrenty if you did.

/ Well Pump issues #18  
If 240v check amps on both legs. Should be similar. Sometimes when one conductor or connection is compromised it will read voltage but read low amps. Running on half power will heat up the motor up.

/ Well Pump issues
We switched the wiring to 115v and it is working fine now. I also put all new clamps on and doubled them up. I didn't think the motor sounded right yesterday. And Ass Ume certainly made an @$$ out of my yesterday.

Based on your comments I told my son to read the instructions and make sure it didn't come wired for 230v. Then when I was in Lowes getting parts today I looked at the box that the exact pump came in on the shelf and it said comes wired at 230v and I called my son immediately and said, its the voltage.

Thanks for all the input guys!