welding carts

/ welding carts #201  
Most people only have one or two systems.
Yep. When I was 18 back in 1979 I bought my torch setup. And soon after that, I bought the Sears AC/DC arc welder. Still have both of them. I used the torch mostly for cutting, heating and brazing, and the arc welder for welding. I took some welding classes at the local vocational school in the early 80s. Up until about 10 years ago, that's all I had. Then I got the little 120v Hobart Handled 140 flux core/MIG. So only two systems for about 30-35 years. Now three. I'm 62. ;)

/ welding carts #202  
As for welding carts, I have the original two-wheeled dolly-type cart for the torches that came with the setup. The Arc welder is stationary in the garage. As I mentioned before, I used to have 50' leads for it, but they were stolen. So now I have just the 15ish foot leads and I have to bring the work to the driveway in front of the garage. I bought a small Hobart brand welding cart from Northern Tool when I bought the 140. As I mentioned before, there is not enough room on the bottom for much. I like your cart setup. (y)

IMG_2274.jpeg

/ welding carts #203  
Most people only have one or two systems.
I agree, I had a Lincoln 100 amp flux core for years built or repaired so many things with it, then bought a old AC used Lincoln tombstone. Fortunately for me I now have the room and with the recent switch to lighter digital multifunction inverter based welders retailers were practically giving away decent quality heavier transformer welders. I bought my Hobart lx AC/DC stick and my Hobart 190 amp mig used solely for aluminum with spool gun. For quite a bit less together than what I bought my Hobart 210mvp mig 15 or so years ago. As your thread title says "welding carts" heavier transformer based welders definitely need a way to efficiently move around your shop without busting a nut. In my case it's a concrete slab so I can use casters set on whatever I have to repurpose. Including two homemade welding carts and two cheaper store bought carts.

/ welding carts #204  
Repurposed cart for oxy acetylene found on freeway working picking up f.o.d. during downtime when not plowing snow, latching mechanism broken but has served it's purpose well for 10 or so yrs. If I used gas more I'd trust securely putting bigger tanks in it.

Attachments

• KIMG1903.JPG
    KIMG1903.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
  • KIMG1905.JPG
    KIMG1905.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
   / welding carts #205  
Everlast has a new one coming in under NOVA welding supplies. It'll fit a wide range of welders. Maximum welder length will be 25" though it is adjustable. It has heavy duty front locking wheels and over sized rear wheels for easier rolling.

Attachments

• nova cart 375 long frame.png
    nova cart 375 long frame.png
    354.7 KB · Views: 55
   / welding carts
Everlast has a new one coming in under NOVA welding supplies. It'll fit a wide range of welders. Maximum welder length will be 25" though it is adjustable. It has heavy duty front locking wheels and over sized rear wheels for easier rolling.
I like it! But the one I have seems to have a larger drawer for stroage.