welding carts

/ welding carts #1  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
You guys with welding carts. What have you liked, or disliked using them.
61316_w3.jpg

/ welding carts #3  
Casters typically suck if you buy one of the Chinesium carts. Suggest swapping out for a decent set of brand name casters from Surplus Center in Nebraska or somewhere similar. Other than that harbor freight type one is fine as long as you measure your welder. Fabricating a real welding cart to meet your specific needs is usually one of the first projects for new welders

/ welding carts #4  
"hate little tiny casters they get stuck with the smallest things"

Me too... Steve

Oh, btw I bought one of the ones Arly posted for my little stick/tig - ended up spending hours "upgrading" the wimpy little wheels - it's STILL a wimpy little cart if you don't live on a pool table...

Attachments

• 211 CartLfRear.JPG
    211 CartLfRear.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 156
  • 211CartRtFrt.JPG
    211CartRtFrt.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 161
   / welding carts #5  
I just use a Vulcan box as a cart. I did put my plasma table on a frame with wheels so that I can roll it around.

/ welding carts #6  
Ditto on the casters. Middle shelf is not big enough for a TIG cooler & (for me at least) leaves stuff too disorganized if used for MIG tips, tools, etc., so kind of worthless. Better approach might be drawers or a cabinet to keep stuff clean of grinder dust.

/ welding carts #7  
My cart for my Miller180 came with it. Nice cart with big wheels. The 251 and Syncrowave casters are integrated.

/ welding carts #8  
Home made
Dislikes: none

1678563838117.jpeg

/ welding carts
Ya guys, I hate those micro wheels and already planned to trade them for larger ones. (y) What about the drawers?