TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project
I have read while looking through the many posts about the overrun PTO which was fitted to tractors and mine by what I have read should have it, when engaged the PTO it will turn either way, I can not see a ratchet type mechanism, can someone confirm if I have it fitted from the picture below.

Thanks in advance

Untitled by chrismac2012, on Flickr

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project #22  
You shouldn't be able to turn it counter-clockwise with the PTO lever in 1,2, or 3 unless you have the clutch disengaged to the engine and the tractor is not in gear (otherwise the whole tractor will move when you turn the PTO counter-clockwise). The 2160s have the overrunning PTO clutch so I don't know why yours wouldn't. I haven't had mine apart so I can't tell from the picture alone - I'm not familiar with how it is set up mechanically. You'll likely need to disassemble it further to find your problem if you indeed have one.

Okay, at the moment the engine is out of the tractor so this if I am reading your post correctly the PTO would turn both directions, I am working on this on a few fronts just now so I will wait and see when I have the tractor nearer completion,

Thanks

Removed the brake shoes and gave them a clean up, one side was tighter that the other origionaly but with having the second donor tractor I used a slightly slacker free running shoes.

Covers off snd shoes out,

Drum out only held in with a circlip

Gaskets made

Drum and shoes

Front axle is now getting the once over, the chrome plating on the turning areas have been damaged with sitting, will a clean up do these if I keep them oiled/greased, I doubt I will be sending them away to get re-chromed,

Obviously, never been near the weather,

I was also unaware that the pivot bolt/pin went throught the front casing oil chamber meaning that when I knocked it out and it spun over the oil went all over the garage floor,

Can someone advise what I should do about the damaged chrome on the front axle, I had planned just giving it a clean with a wire wheel or a sanding pad in the grinder,

Thanks in advance.

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project #27  
Can someone advise what I should do about the damaged chrome on the front axle, I had planned just giving it a clean with a wire wheel or a sanding pad in the grinder,

Thanks in advance.

I had the same issue with a Suzuki 4x4. I took the hub off a with various discs in the angle grinder cleaned it up best as possible with a fine disc to finish, then reassemble with fresh grease, (in the case of the Suzuki) new felt wiper and new wiper seal. Never had any issues.

As I said, filled with grease, I think some 4x4's are filled with oil, but grease should be okay as your not going to be racing or anything like that.

I had the same issue with a Suzuki 4x4. I took the hub off a with various discs in the angle grinder cleaned it up best as possible with a fine disc to finish, then reassemble with fresh grease, (in the case of the Suzuki) new felt wiper and new wiper seal. Never had any issues.

As I said, filled with grease, I think some 4x4's are filled with oil, but grease should be okay as your not going to be racing or anything like that.

Ah thanks, that was my plan, I have a old tub of 2 pack Devcon I will give them a coat of that then flatten out any high spots with some emery.

Due to some editing issues these are the photos from the above post,

Front axle is now getting the once over, the chrome plating on the turning areas have been damaged with sitting, will a clean up do these if I keep them oiled/greased, I doubt I will be sending them away to get re-chromed,

All looks not too bad after a clean up,

Last edited:
After taking the advice I have given both sides a clean up with sanding pad with a soft backing disc, hoping to try and keep the ends as round as possible,

here is what I got up to.

Dressed now with the flapper

Coated in Devcon, hopfully giving a rust proof hard wearing surface

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project #30  
Can anyone on here tell me where to find gaskets and parts for the Iseki TX 2160?